1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Honey Maid

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by redravin, Apr 4, 2014.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist

They are ads.
    It's a major corporation.
    But they are showing families in a way that most are not.
    Funny that the gay family wasn't the one I thought was coolest
    It was the punk family.
    And I have to admit the second one made me tear up a bit.
    I don't know if you've see this already but it made me happy so I thought I'd pass it along.

First the original commercial.

Than the response to the haters.

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED! Donor

A friend of mine posted the response video, and I hadn't gotten around to watching the original ad until....well, just now.

I thought they were both pretty fantastic.

3. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted Donor

For me, both of them did.

4. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Good on ya, Honey Maid. I think this calls for a whole ton of s'mores to celebrate.

5. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

The response video. Goodness. I love it.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member Donor

Yep, definitely cried. That was beautiful. Well done, Honey Maid.

7. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

It's funny. I've seen the words "Honey Maid" associated with a video that's been going around, but I didn't know what's what. I thought it was some LOLz commercial or some tearjerker. I didn't get around to it until now.

I didn't read anything in this thread besides the first two lines; I had already started watching the video. I was expecting the tearjerker kind, so I all on the defensive: "I'm not going to give in to this corporate saccharine! Not from you, Honey Maid!"

I watched the sequence of scenes, thinking, "Oh, that's kinda nice. Hey, this isn't bad. S'mores!" Then the commercial ended, and I was all, like, "That wasn't so bad. What's up with it?"

Then I found out when I watched the response video.

The crazy thing: I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THEIR BEING GAY/PUNK/WHATEVER FAMILIES. I JUST SAW THEM AS FAMILIES. YOU KNOW WHAT WE CALL THEM? WE CALL THEM FAMILIES!

FUCK!!!!

/CAPSLOCK

8. snowy

Yup.

9. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass Donor

Yep, I live near Boulder. None of the folks in the ad would look out of place in church.

10. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist

I know, right.
    It's like I was finally watching a commercial with people I knew.

11. snowy

Same with where I live.

Actually, I do include it in interviews. I explain that our congregation is a reconciling congregation, and we welcome families of all makeups. I pointedly ask if that's a problem. Usually, though, I've screened applicants enough to know their feelings, and I generally don't interview those who aren't open to the idea of diversity in family makeup. However, it is a question that has to be asked, and I want applicants to know that before we proceed with anything else in the hiring process.

I look forward to the day when we just serve families.

12. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Totally freaking awesome! Except now I gotta get a tissue. *sniff*

13. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted Donor

Spelling "Love" was a bit cliche and made me roll my eyes - maybe I'm a bit of a cynic - but I always did love Honey Maid, and this only added to it :) Pretty cool

14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

I just watched the ads for the first time. If they were broadcast in our area I missed them. Chances are good they weren't since Texas in general is a conservative bible belt state. The sad news is I have family members who would have a shit fit over the first commercial.

15. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Gotta love the love! Good for you, Honey Maid!