1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Hot bods

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by NeuralMan, Jun 10, 2023.

1. NeuralMan

NeuralMan New Member

OK. So here's a question/observation/ conversation starter. Have we all just given up? (Myself included). Where are the hot bodies? Or is it simply axiomatic that if you take care of your rockin' bod you actually dont need a "site for sexually expressive folk". Or is it a function of the fact that well-adjusted people are just confident in their sexuality and don't feel the need to get into superhero shape? I like superhero shape. Its Super-sexy.But the last time I had it was like 3 years ago. (Basically dad-bod now). Guess the question is..does a hot bod matter?

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, it depends...

As a Gold's Gym member, I can attest to people who're interested in keeping their own bods hot.
    It's not just for health, you can see the obvious...in what they're dressed in, how they move, or stand, they are interested in keeping the hotness and showing it off.
    And it's at other gyms, events and otherwise.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 10, 2023, Original Post Date: Jun 10, 2023 ---
    Followup...
    Now this doesn't include myself...I've gone from trying to gain muscle...getting bigger over time.
    To having life happen...stresses and otherwise, and overeating by doing what I did when younger...to become overweight.
    Then losing the weight...getting back in shape, but not big.
    then getting really overweight again during COVID, etc.

And now I'm trying to actually get smaller...get fit but not big. Which is actually very hard, since I'm naturally a big guy. (and hypoglycemic)
    This is because I don't want to deal with the mass, which affects you and your joints over time. (especially as I age. 55)

Now, it was nice being big and cut...and I won't deny some vanity and hope to being "hotter".
    But it's not my focus anymore.
    I'm not dating like I used to, worn out by it actually...so I don't push being more attractive to the opposite sex.
    I only want to satisfy a bit of ego/vanity...but mostly it IS for health these days and prepping for the challenges of time and aging.

However, those who are younger...or in a certain mindset or image. They still want to look "HOT". and do put some effort into it.
    Perhaps it's not as much of a trend or there's a smaller volume than times past...but this swings back and forth.
    Who knows when it will become trendy again.

We're talking about the same time when people are posting on Insta, Snapchat, TikTok, etc...
    And god knows how many influencers who're trying to be hot and say look at me. (for "fit" purposes or not)

3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Clinical depression, fucked up knees, chronically online, a job where I'm sitting down all the time, don't drive (haven't my entire life), have ADHD so I have to actually remind myself to eat and drink if I've gotten involved in something.
    Yeah, my body is seriously fucked up and I don't see it getting better any time soon.