1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How awesome is the "Alerts" feature of this new software?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

great feature

2. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

It makes it very fast to keep track of conversations you're involved with in which people are responding to you or calling you out. It's groovy. I approve.

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Yes; it's my first port of call too.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It keeps me up-to-date concerning the threads I'm participating in, and I like that. I think it's an easy way to keep track of content I've either created or I am interested in.

5. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

I like it. It's almost like the 'notifications' feature on Facebook.

6. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

I like the "alerts", but wish I could turn the "recent activity" off

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Really? I like that. I like seeing what's hot and where people are posting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

That's actually probably my second favorite new feature. It absolutely encourages me to post in those threads, or at the very least browse through them.

9. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

I don't like having to scroll down to get to the actual forums (I know, lazy, sue me)

10. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Unless, you were a fastidious nelly like me, and subscribed to a thread (in other words: in-forum 'bookmarks') you enjoyed, participated in, or wanted to jump in at a later date, so then, just by going to thread options, I obtained a tallly of somewhere over 150+ different threads I once had in my User CP, over the course of several odd-years. But, yes, indeed, after a four-month stay at the house of the rising sun, I usually just check that my cookies are up to date, and spend a few hours sifting page after 36 pages of threads that were conversed upon in the course of my absence.

Plus, funny that you should mention thesaurus - with the way my mind currently works, I've unwittingly eschewed all definitions to words, and just consult and cooperate with my brain for a few seconds beforehand to come out with the right word to say just by trying to elocute a similar meaning or phrase.

11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Jetee,

It has been said that no man is an island.

That rule clearly doesn't apply to you.

12. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I've pretty much turned off every single alert that I can- the notices feel like sales calls/spam, and much like my paychecks, I'm disappointed when I open them.

13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

i can take 'em,or i can leave 'em.........if i'm interested,i go check out whatever i'm alerted to........