1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Ill go first. people at my work call me ralphie cause years ago someone said that i looked like the kid off of the movie "a christmas story". and it stuck. 250 is my tech number at work, so hince Ralphie250. it is my user name on almost everything

2. ManPaste

ManPaste New Member

I masturbate a lot and for long periods of time. That's my story.

3. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

Back in the day I used to listen to ICP (Insane Clown Posse) frequently...

4. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

Shortened version of my blog's name. Seemed more casual.

5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Nearly all of my user names have been song titles, or references, since high school (well, my first one was a book character reference...) This one's from the song by Neil Young. It's one of my favorites, and I was listening to it a lot back when I originally joined TFP. "A dreamer of pictures, I run in the night / You'll see us together, chasing the moonlight / my cinnamon girl..."

• Like Like x 2
  6. DrSublime

DrSublime New Member

My initials and my favorite word

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

<I checked wikipedia first to get dates and facts right>"Speed Gibson of the International Secret Police" was the long name of the radio series starring the character Speed Gibson. He was a teenager fighting crime and international bad guys (who were typically Asian it seems) with his uncle. I must have a good portion of the first 100 which cover the battles with the Octopus, which was something of a poor man's Fu Man Chu.
    I have some of the 178 shows in my collections and absolutely love it for the juvenile genre. It has a nice mix of corny humour, putting the heroes in peril until the last minute, and period catch phrases.
    And the 15 minute serials are the perfect length too.
    It ran January 2, 1937 to May 25, 1940

8. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

i'm an uncle...
    my name is phil...
    kinda fit...

• Like Like x 2
  9. EyeSeePeeDude

More of the "creepy uncle" Phil... /ducks/

10. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I'm a Jr, I blame my dad.

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It used to be different, and longer. I truncated it to make it a more common word.

12. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

Nickname given to me in 6th grade by a girl who later would be the first person I got to 2nd base with

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aceventura

Aceventura Slightly Tilted

Homage to Jim Carey best comedic actor, ever. He should have at least 3 Oscars!

[​IMG]

Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    The Truman Show.
    Me, Myself and Irene.
    Man on the Moon.
    Number 23.
    Grinch.

And of course - Ace Ventura Pet Detective.

In addition, when I joined TFP I lived in Ventura County Californa. I am a nature/animal fanatic. And, when I grew up Ace was street vernacular for; the best, top class, clutch - all of which still apply to me

14. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Shortened version of 'Zenda', as in 'Prisoner of Zenda' the adventure novel by Anthony Hope.

Trivia: I had confused it with 'The Man In The Iron Mask', but by the time I realised, people had got used to Zenda.

15. My kid gave it to me. He liked the way the initials displayed on a bowling scorer screen.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

When I was 12, I got on AOL for the first time and needed a nickname. I picked something lousy and wanted a new one once I found out about IRC. I read the magazine Wizard a lot when I was playing M:TG. They had a preview of an expansion to a CCG called LostEden. I liked the sound of it, so I used it. I changed it to LordEden along the way (but I still use the other nickname sometimes) and that has been my username to this very day.

17. Jay

Jay Vertical

It's my name, was longer on the old TFP but now tis shortened.

18. Jennie Breeden comic. I tried to find a link to the strip....but got lazy.

19. EyeSeePeeDude

ZombieSquirrels would scare the heck out of me...

20. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

because of what it is in physics, what it means in terms of symbolically making a decision (a veritable horizon of possible events and i get to choose which one will happen), and lastly what it means to me in terms of committing to something: once you commit to something, there's no turning back, kinda like crossing an event horizon

• Like Like x 1