1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 9, 2011.

1. inBOIL New Member

Mine's the name of the main antagonist in the book In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan.

2. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Stoopid question that's been floating about in my head for days. Do you suppose that's the root from which we get the word couch?

3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Goes back to The Crow.
    re: Dravin

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I thought that I had replied to this thread. Looking at the dates, apparantly not.

My first name is Chris.

My last name is NOYB (yes, in retrospect not a great choice). Because I need to keep separation between this forum, and another forum where I'm active (great guys, but very conservative re religion, politics, & sex), and more importantly real life because of where my wife works.

I should've chosen Rick Deckard. OK, OK, I had to look up the first name.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

My name is Daniel. Simples.

6. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

I have no real explanation for mine. It was a spur of the moment decision and I can't remember what made it so appealing at the time...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daniel_

Do you especially like hamsters?

Or balls?

• Like Like x 2
  8. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Or hamsters that give balls.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Daniel_

Maybe hamsters who tell lies?

10. NobleDeb

NobleDeb Getting Tilted

I met a guy at Barnes & Noble. He could never remember my last name so he called me Deb Noble.
    Not a long relationship.

• Like Like x 4
  11. hamsterball

It wasn't that logical. I'm not particularly into hamsters, but I am quite fond of my balls. I'd be lost without them.

Not to mention.....a soprano...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  12. hamsterball

My username may have come from a previous attempt to come up with the world's first hamster superhero....

[​IMG]

It never really caught on...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Maps and street networks fascinate me.

14. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NobleDeb is classy, and suits you, in my estimation.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Back around the advent of online gaming around 1996-2000 (meaning using a 3rd-party program called Kali to play WarCraft II or Descent on my Mac Performa 6400 on a 36.6k modem in Southwest Missouri) I was Savior. Then I changed it to VisionQuest because I started going to college around 2002 and became all open-minded and inquisitive (mainly courtesy of psychedelics). Finally, just a few years ago I changed to OtherSyde, inspired by the wistful song "Other Side" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Californication album - the last soundtrack to my young life as youth and innocence and all of that came to a close and I crossed over to the other side of life. It refers to a disposition in life, I guess.

17. Chris Noyb

I've seen the movie so many times I can damn near quote it line by line, but I couldn't recall Deckard's first name. I'm not sure it's ever actually said in the movie.

18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I don't think it is.

19. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I dunno -- I've only ever seen the Director's Cut.

20. Chris Noyb

I never realized, until many years later, that Scott & Ford butted heads during the filming, and afterwards over the voiceover. I'm not a movie person, don't care much about actors, but I didn't think that at the time Ford had enough "star power" to question the director.

"I've seen things that you people would not believe.....All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."