1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 9, 2011.

1. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I always assumed that I replied to this thread, but I guess I never did.

GeneticShift is my Xbox gamer tag.

It was originally going to be GeneticDrift, but that one was taken already, so I settled with GeneticShift, which I think fits better now anyways.

Genetic Shift and Genetic Drift are the two ways that Flu A and Flu B can mutate and become epidemics and pandemics. Usernames were decided upon after my Medical Mycology and Virology class.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

What are you talking about?
    This IS my real name...

Genetic Shift is a much more profound sounding phrase. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. baggyballs New Member

Sooo ya ok welllĺ its like this .....

• Like Like x 2
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Like what??

• Like Like x 1
  5. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

there is a hamster fetish in there somewhere. Cmon you can tell us...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jon Quixote

Jon Quixote Vertical

I love Don Quixote. Some people call me "Jon." There you go.

Weirdly enough, this is the only time I've used that username. It just kinda felt right.

7. Yojimbo1963 New Member

My name is Jim. Some buddies started calling me Jimbo, which I didn't really like, but knew enough not to complain, lest I get stuck with it permanently. Then one day as I was walking in, one of them said " Yo Jimbo". I thought that was cool. There is a GREAT Kurosawa movie by that title. Yojimbo means bodyguard in Japanese. Also, I've been a fan of the Usagi Yojimbo comic book since it started. And lastly I was born in 1963.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

If I start talking about the hamster thing, then I'll also have to mention the triplets, the acrobats, and the whipped cream.

It just gets way too complicated...

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralphie250

its ok, well listen

• Like Like x 1
  10. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Going back over this thread I realized there are a bunch of people I really miss.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. ralphie250

I agree with you on that.

12. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

I'm Manic Depressive and the wife and I love 69.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Not sure if I replied to this before, but I liked your longer and differenter name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Mine is simple I'm far more wild than tame, walk not at all well, but swim often, and am more comfortable in the water than on dry land.

• Like Like x 4
  15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Mine was easy. All I want is to mind my own business, get me some Olive oil, take care of Sweet pea. But there's always some Brutus out there wanting to fuck with me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. DY157

DY157 New Member

In the early days of the internet I had firstnamelastname@hotmail.com but tried to think of something I could remember as an alternative for junk sign ups or naughty endeavors. Dy156 was an old fraternity thing I’d remember and was my original name. When I recently rediscovered TFP Dy156 was unavailable and couldn’t get access to my ancient email, so Dy157 seemed logical alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

Name based on a character from a book I read years ago. He was a Trickster God that could change gender at will. He/she enjoyed toying with mankind.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mario01 New Member

my favorite word[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. This is the only board I use where I don't use my real name. And actually, I did use it at one time, but some moderator didn't like it when I questioned something he deleted, and banned me. So a week later, I re-upped with this name, and used it until I dropped off.

When I signed up again, I decided to reactivate it.

On another board, someone said I was "a voice of reason" on a topic, and I took it to heart. I hope to always be such.

AVOR

• Like Like x 1
  20. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Its a song/persona of a rapper I was into at the time. When I first joined this site I had some variant of Champagne Chris Kanyon - but I never really posted much and when I visited the site again didnt remember my old credentials.