1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 9, 2011.

1. warrrreagl

warrrreagl Slightly Tilted

There used to be this weird dial-up online service provider called AOL, and Grancey and I joined when we moved from Alabama to Iowa 24 years ago. We were pretty homesick at first, and the AOL rules specified that each screenname had to be exactly 10 characters. Grancey came up with warrrreagl while trying to stretch "war eagle" into 10 characters. I took that name and have used it as my online presence everywhere I go.

Somebody at the old TFP did this for me many years ago.
    upload_2018-3-12_0-43-46.gif

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I remember aol (and dial-up.) They had some weird rules. When I had it in ~2000 I was a dancer and used 34dgirl@aol and one of my sisters was kate777. I didn't stay with them long, but went to earthlink and then had my own domain for a couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

what a shame, I can't hit you up via AIM now that I know your AOL screen name :p:p:p:p

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Those were the good (and S L O W ) old days.

I just checked, and my old domain (34dgirl.com) is available. I'm surprised that some titty fetish site hasn't grabbed (heh-heh) on to that.

5. michaelyoni64 Vertical

Michael Yoni =>
    My Coglioni =>
    (Translated).
    My balls.

Another one I use is

Ric Cotter.
    Ricotta

In the similar way you often see
    Mike #unt (sorry I am polite).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

The term "buzzgun" is slang for a submachine gun. Consequently, a "buzzgunner" is someone who uses/owns a "buzzgunner". My wife and I own several of them (HK MP5, IMI Uzi, and Lanchester Mk II, among others) and (when we were younger and more athletic) used to compete with them. (We both have handfuls of 1st place ribbons from those competitions.) In addition, I was the full-auto program director at our local gun club (one of the largest clubs in the state) for over 9 years. Oh, and... it's the license plate on my four-wheel drive.

• Like Like x 1