1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 9, 2011.

1. swordsworn

swordsworn New Member

I actually took mine from a Mercedes Lackey book and ran with it.

2. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

I'm a small bear.

Also, I used to climb a lot.

3. Candle

Candle Vertical

I was CandleintheDark on the old TFP, so when they made the switch I decided that it quite too much typing to log-in. The old name, is of course, a reference Carl Sagan's A Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. I've be an atheist, skeptic, and pursuer of science since quite a young age, and I enjoyed the appeal to reason the username gave. The picture is just a random picture of a candle.

4. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Plan9 decided my middle initial, D, chould—and should—stand for "Dammitall." I replaced the second M with an N for 5.0.

5. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

It came to me in a fleeting moment of randomness.

6. issmmm

issmmm Getting Tilted

it was given to me by a buddy because of the way I talked or the way my mind works

7. Cernunnos

Cernunnos Vertical

Cernunnos is a Celtic deity, generally titled 'The Horned God' or 'God of the Hunt'. The name itself suits me, and at the point in my life during which I became Cernunnos, I was on the hunt for something and had recently read a book that inspired me to delve into Celtic mythology, Mythago Wood.

8. healer

healer Extra Medium

I stole it from a friend who said it was the meaning of his name. I think he was lying.

I just googled it...he wasn't.

9. Stick

Stick Vertical

I've been called Stick for over 30 years now. I used to be skinny. That was about 40 lbs ago.

10. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I have always felt a close kinship with my troglodyte ancestry, and Caveman had already been taken, when I chose it, so I thought about Mel Brook's bit about a cave man, and "Jewed" it up a little to Cayvmann. No offense to the Hebrew brethren...

11. OldBoy

OldBoy Vertical

when I was a kid, not even 5, my grand dad used to call me old boy as a term of endearment and never used it for any of my siblings, so its special to me

12. flat5

flat5 Vertical

flat5 is an interval in music. A tritone. It is central in Western harmony - it begs a resolution.
    Among many things that might also be said about it, it divides the octave precisely in two.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

I liked your old handle. In fact, whenever I see this one, my mind automatically translates it back.

Mine is after a favourite, yet minor, character from the Dune series by Frank Herbert - a series of books that I was particularly fond of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(novel)#House_Atreides

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

When I first discovered TFP back in like '03 via Fark I split a user account with a buddy. My name is Dave and he is Alan - voila Daval.

After a month or two he finally made his own account and I inherited this one and been that way ever since.

15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

The devil's interval. I'm a fan! :cool:

16. TFP is all about evolution. People evolve and morph along with their usernames.

My username has been shorted 3 times now. I'll probably end up with a username like Ish or Sh in a few years time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smackre

Smackre Vertical

My old gaming tag was Smackre. Just never changed.

18. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i find it very enlightning to read how people came up with their names. it can also teach you alot about people

19. DRP967

DRP967 New Member

Its the license plate # on the Monte Carlo in the movie Training Day.

20. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

I was led to tfp by fark.com. I didn't think much about my user name at the time I joined. I was studying evolutionary biology. So, I chose sapiens.