1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 9, 2011.

1. atimnie New Member

Acronym = all things in moderation, nothing in excess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cj2112

cj2112 Slightly Tilted

my initials...and an album that had a huge impact on me.

3. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

i like word alchemy and was able to think of 3 or 4 ways to interpret mine. another name i use online along with my main WoW character is slickery.

4. wolf Evil Grin

What I would call my totem animal. Wolves are beautiful creatures which are family oriented and mate for life. I like what they represent in mythology and folklore, so different from how they truly are.

5. I'm a bed hog, blanket stealing, pillow thief making sleep for my SO difficult and frequently interrupted. Now that I no longer have a S/O, I added "former" to my screen name and the initials seemed fitting for this site

6. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I am one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FrankieZee

FrankieZee Vertical

Referencing Frank Zappa. I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy his stuff on occasion. I'm not all that imaginative and it happened that I was trying to come up with something decent for some online game and was listening to Don't Eat the Yellow Snow. Started using it for other things since then.

8. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I used to make remixes of songs (mostly trance/house/r'n'b) as teen while messing around with music programs.

Some of my better ones were shared with friends and acquaintances. One day when I was meeting up with a bunch of friends back in Sydney, a girl greeted me by yelling "REMIXEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!".

The rest took it over and it spread like the black plague.

I am the result of my own creations!
    --- merged: Sep 16, 2011 11:05 PM ---
    My fiancée hates squirrels in general. She thinks they're always up to something... making plans to secretly conquer the world and subdue us humans. The zombie version she loves.

9. Grasshopper green is a bit from an old, inside family joke. I have passed the joke onto my son.

I considered using my very first AOL dialup nickname when I re-registered, but I figured no one would know who the hell I was. I use that nick elsewhere on the net.

10. Doris

Doris Getting Tilted

Doris - a fun memory from youth. I was riding motorbike with a friend, we had some trouble with the bike. A guy, who vaguely knew my friend, noticed us and gave some help. He asked me, if I'm Doris. Well, I'm not, and the name was a surprise to me, but his explanation was, that he had seen me some day earlier driving by, and his friend had recognized me, since we used to be in high school at the same time. This classmate wouldn't tell my name to his friend, only told him, it's 'just one Doris'.

In those day calling women 'Doris' was a trend, like they say 'Sheila' in Australia, I reckon. There's also a song about Doris from those days, which may have inspired my old classmate to use this name - the song tells about a woman, who steels a man's heart. :D I later found out, this guy had been smitten with me in school.

11. Nefir

Nefir New Member

Back in my yonder MMORPG days, or more specifically - 1999, when EverQuest was cutting edge - I was playing with some mates and needed to mule inventory. So I made a quick n' dirty character, and just randomly spewed out the first name that popped into my head. Ironically, that mule became my primary character (bards were so much fun!) and when it came time to pick a surname, I went with "Nefir Nefarious", dastardly Wood-Elf bard/pirate. Yarrgh.

12. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

I started college as a psych major. It's a screen name I've used online on various forums since then, even though the left the pursuit of psychology behind some time ago.

13. I live in Alabama, and I'm a man, and I was born in 1968...probably a bit oversimplified, but yea...lol

14. John Falcon

John Falcon New Member

Used it as a kid....way back when online meant visiting a BBS on a 300 baud modem.

15. Billie

Billie New Member

Got my name from my best friend laying right beside me here,Billie, my German Shepard.

16. Askr

Askr New Member

Like Nefir, my username also comes from my old Everquest days, where Askr the Lost was a quest NPC. I liked the way the word sounds (pronounced "asker") and its associations with being lost. I felt this fit with my curious nature and subsequently adopted it as a username.

17. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

You fool! You let Plan9 choose your name!! (that second ! is just to annoy Baraka).
    --- merged: Sep 22, 2011 6:22 AM ---
    Maybe, you could lend your copy to Fremen?
    --- merged: Sep 22, 2011 6:26 AM ---
    Only people with kids and a big Dr Zeuss library will get that.
    --- merged: Sep 22, 2011 6:30 AM ---
    I got this name playing soccer - I have spindly legs. I played with another string bean who was "Sticks" and we were "the skinny brothers".

18. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

He would have to fight me for it. But then I would likely lose...

19. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

He could have my copy, but then Dune Messiah and Children of Dune would be lonely!

20. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

My initials and state of being.