1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about hugs?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by RangerJoe, Aug 2, 2011.

1. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

Yes.

2. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Extended hug.

3. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

Oh. Hm. Yeah, don't do that.

4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

lol...that's exactly what I was thinking. Creeeeeeepy!

5. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Hugging my parents and my sister is awkward. Hugging my children and my wife feels natural.

6. Mick

Mick Vertical

I'm a hugger, though strangely enough I feel a lot more comfortable hugging a lot of my male friends than I do my female friends.

I won't hug people I don't know, though that rule does get twisted some what when I've been drinking. But in general, yes, I love a good hug.

7. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

I've noticed that hugging has become more mainstream, in the last few years. Perhaps its because I am beyond childbearing age and any opportunities that might arise from a body- pressing embrace are pretty slim at this point. I get hugged more by lesser-knows than immediate family, which might explain my overt enthusiasm to throw my hands around someone, I wouldn't ordinarily be very comfortable with. I hug and caress out of desperation, really. I wish to be man-handled. I think its good for the soul.

8. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

I am into hugging. Bring it here.

One part I am never sure of is when hugging a woman that is not my significant other... do I apply more shoulder to shoulder pressure, or is it o.k. to press more of the body (i.e. squish the breasts). I've said too much.

9. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

If you'e thinking about the woman you're about to hug, then, if in doubt, and as long as it does not transgress your acceptable boundries, notice how she approaches and match her contact.

If you're thinking about your significant other: "I am into hugging ... but because I have a significant other, then I should not 'squish the breasts' nor allow them to be squshed at me", then that's another issue.

By way of irrelevant nostalgia, the notion of kevlar chastity vests comes to mind. When I was in my teens, my girlfriend and I was so shy and self conscious that we wore very thick clothes. Still loved hugging, though it was not so much canoodlin' as michelin.

10. Stick

Stick Vertical

Hugs? Only Mrs. Stick gets hugs. It feels a bit icky with anyone else, even my mum. (How weird is that?)

11. Mirth

Mirth New Member

My family has never really hugged one another, I don't even think my mom and I has exchanged hugs since her father passed, about 6 years ago. I don't know why they don't, but I don't find it to be a big deal or anything. Also, nobody from my high school years and below would hug; it was just seen as uncool, or homo.

That said, I've always liked hugs. I actually love to be hugged. When I went to college, I met entirely new people, and we would all hug each other, guys and girls. Although a lot of them have moved on with their own life, I feel more connected to them than any of my friends that I've had in the past for a longer amount of time. And half of the newer friends I've made like to greet you and leave you with a hug, it's great.

I think I enjoyed hugging my ex-girlfriend more than the sex. Not that I didn't enjoy that, having both is great, but I feel really satisfied with a nice hug. Pretty sure she didn't really care about hugs that much. The last girl I dated for 3 months used to absolutely love hugs, which was awesome for me because I did too.

12. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

You two can just keep that shit between yourselves, then.

I'm in agreement with Plan9's list.

13. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Well, looks like I'm staying at Martian's place when I visit Toronto.

I don't think the typical male chest-bump is a hug, it's more of an abusive handshake with your torso.

14. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I wake up sometimes after dreaming about my father and the hugs he would give us kids, mainly before bedtime, or while reading in the living room.
    I felt safe in his hugs.
    He passed away when I was 9, and it's been 31 years since I've had a masculine hug. I wish I could have one more safe and secure hug from him.

15. Chumley

Chumley New Member

I am secretly overjoyed when someone is overly huggy... unless they turn me off for some reason. I am full of repressed affection. :-/

16. Years ago I had a 'male reaction' when a female coworker hugged me after she got engaged. Not something to be proud of. But it happens.

Damned thing has a mind of its own.

17. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Been a hug deficit in my neck of the woods this last few weeks. I need a bail out package.

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You can train dogs to hug you. Got a buddy with a pit bull that gives no-kidding arms-'round-your neck hugs. He's very warm and cuddly.

The problem, of course, are the big paws digging into your crotch and crushing your junk as he attempts to hold on. He means well though.

Going for months at a time without physical contact really sucks. I always forget how good it feels to have someone touching me.

I confess to staring at the ceiling at night while in bed and feeling the ghostly shiver of a hand on my ribs or my back. Yeaaah.

Then when I get home it's all Foreigner-y and my inner tape deck busts out "Feels like the first time, feels like the very first time."

19. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Ah .... Butch, My auntie's Great Dane. When I was a child ... that paws round the neck hug that you mention, and head towering above me. Died a long time ago. Dang good friend. Pit bull I knew, called Bryn. He didn't hug, but would look at me like ' Not my scene, 'bro, but you can pat me if you want ... just Don't Stroke m'kay?

20. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

UGH, Don't invade my personal space...