1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about hugs?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by RangerJoe, Aug 2, 2011.

1. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

I never initiate. Once a lady hugged me I felt little awkward, only because it was least expected. But as long some one is clean, cool and warm (personality) I would love to get a hug.
    I feel like giving a hug when someone is weak or low and if I know for sure they need a hug....

HUGS are very soft yet powerful expression

2. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I Love to hug my family
    Hugs from anyone else is an intrusion of my personal space. I would have to say that I don't like being touched.
    Personal space to me is arms length. We got a guy at work that is a close talker. Almost nose to nose and his breath stinks of clover tobacco. YUK! He does it to everyone especially when he is driving a point home.

3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I personal;y like a 2' circle around me to be "MY SPACE "

4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My husband is the only person that can hug me without me feeling uncomfortable. Even my family makes me feel squirmy. I've learned to tolerate little kid hugs, and some are actually pretty awesome. Otherwise, I don't like to be hugged. It's a social norm I will engage in briefly if expected.

• Like Like x 1
  5. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I love hugs.
    I realize most people don't.
    "Hug or high five?" is a phrase we prompt our children to use when they meet someone new. It helps people feel more comfortable to have a choice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

This is awesome to teach kids. My issue is likely a product of having C cups in 5th grade. Peers would hug to have contact with my boobs or to reach behind and unhook my bra. I hated it.

7. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm a personal space person, for the most part. I need to really know the person and/or the 'moment' needs to be special (by my judgement) in some way. If a hug is offered, and attempting to avoid it would make things more awkward, I go with the flow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I like my personal space too. I sometimes attend AA and Alanon groups where hugs are part of the deal. My sponsor taught me the 'distant hug' technique where you hug from a foot or so apart.

And hugging arms should be kept at about shoulder level, which helps avoid some of they guys sliding their hand down to the small of my back and turning a hug into a quick pelvic grind.

Hugs are also difficult with fat people, or if there's a big height discrepancy, which there often is because I'm so short.:(

All in all, except for little kids, family, and close friends, I prefer to avoid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'm a hugger.
    However, it's typically firm, short and discreet.

Doesn't matter if it's close friends or family, men or women. (but the key is they need to be fairly close and mostly in greeting or salutations)
    Otherwise, a quick firm handshake. (don't understand the hand on the elbow thing...)

I'm awkward on the friendly kiss, especially the european style.
    Unless it's a kiss on the cheek or top of head of a very close and comfortable friend.

10. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

I.m a hugger....even if they stick there hand out...I hug them !.....like the girls too...not a pat-pat hug... a real titty smasher !!!

xoxoxoo

• Like Like x 1
  11. PsychoBabble

PsychoBabble New Member

I love hugging my family, especially my wife. I just love to hold her. My daughter gives me a hug whenever she sees me too. Same deal...she's my girl. My son's a teenager so it's evolved more into me putting my arm around his shoulder to say, "Wassup kid?".

As far as those handshake, lean in with one shoulder "bro hugs" that have become so popular, they just seem weird to me. I'm not a kid anymore so I'm all for a good handshake but the "half a hug" thing just seems odd.

And hey, you kids.....GET OFF MY LAWN!!

12. Don't touch me....

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Today has this written all over it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I want to be a hugger, but I can't. I'm too aware of how people are awkward about it and I worry about their personal space. You never know if they are worried about germs and/or have a thing about not being touched.
    I do like to make some physical contact tho', so I tend to touch the side of a person's arm gently and briefly, when engaged in friendly, casual conversation.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DAKA

Fangirl.......YES perfect

16. Xazy Vertical

I love hugs especially the squeezing ones.

I miss my grandfathers he gave the tightest and best hugs :( .

• Like Like x 1
  17. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

I loooooove hugs! I need them and the squishier the better. Screw my personal space...well, unless you haven't showered within a week. LOL! My husband is a very "personal space" kinda guy. It's an awkward pairing. *shrug*

• Like Like x 2
  18. Richard_Pistols

Richard_Pistols New Member

Hugging is an excellent way to check people for concealed weapons, or to sink an underhook. Always go for the underhook.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yerba

Yerba ...wait, what?

I'm hot-and-cold about this.

Used to be a massive hugger. These days, most of the time I'd rather not be touched, unless I know you very well. And even then, sometimes not.

20. DAKA

Space around me....do not violate.....since I don't have to ride the NYC subway anymore its great....

• Like Like x 1