1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about hugs?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by RangerJoe, Aug 2, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I wanna ride the subway with you.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Nope, no more subway, West 4th to Queens Plaza,,,it's been 26 years since I retired and moved from Leroy Street to Ft lauderdale...it really wasn't that bad, usually got a seat and the train emptied out at 57th St so it was easy off....but I don't miss it.
    I do occasionally miss living in the Village....great food everywhere...greatest location in Manhattan.....ahhhh....

• Like Like x 1
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

@skogafoss and I lived off Bleecker and Carmine for a number of years. Great access to the whole city. Shame the apartment was like 650 sq ft.

4. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Well, this was in the late 80's, divorced, sold the house in Oyster Bay, moved into the building owned by a friend, probably only 400 sq ft, he gutted the apartment and renovated it for me...$400 a month....!!!! 4 th floor walk up....but what a great time. I think he rented it for about $1000 after I moved to FL

• Like Like x 1
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

There is one person I will permit touching from these days. Even the kids have me on edge. There are so many people in this city, pushing past, bumping into, barreling down the street... In *my* time, I'll take hugs from my husband. I crave them. I crave the positive human touch. The rest of the time, my nerves are sparking so hard I'm already anticipating how to dodge an incoming touch.

6. A woman friend back in college gave me the nickname "Huggy Bear." She was NOT referring to the Starsky and Hutch character. Hugs should be full-body, tight and delivered with true affection. I love to give and receive. Lean-in "shoulder hugs" are lame. If close contact bothers you that much, just over your hand, or simply wave hello.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cooperina

Cooperina New Member

Where I live (south of Spain) you hug and double kiss strangers when someone introduces you. I could give into it since it's a 'cultural' thing but am not kissing strangers anymore now that I know how to avoid it without hurting feelings (happy face on, arms extended forward to give a hearty handshake, while keeping my torso tilted back)
    If you really hate hugs, find another signature thing you do, and if you do it often enough, people remember.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Someone touching my arm and/or shoulder touching during a conversation bothers me.

You need to be a really good friend known for being touchy/feely even when sober (since I no longer drink alcohol fueled familiarity bothers me even more than it used to).

Or a woman sending clear signals that you want to have sex with me (not that I have any such experience, or would even read the signals correctly).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I LOVE hugs. I'm a GREAT hugger.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

I'm a gigantic teddy bear. I thrive on hugs. And I am the best hugger in the world. You damn well know you're loved and alive once I've hugged you.

Seriously. Someone please hug me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! HUG-OFF 2017!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Y'all be sure to include @ralphie250

• Like Like x 2
  13. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

:)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

These days, I'm so sensory defensive that if you're not my husband, don't fucking touch me. It's weird.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I'm becoming more that way. Not sure why. I jerked away when my stylist hugged me hello, startling both him and me.