1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe How do you like your eggs?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by snowy, Nov 30, 2012.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I did not end up cooking any eggs this weekend. Apparently eggs weren't on the menu for breakfast, which I find strange, since it's such an easy thing to cook. I did make do with some medium boiled eggs, using Kenji Lopez-Alt's recipe: Perfect Boiled Eggs | Serious Eats : Recipes It has never steered me wrong.

2. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I raise and have chickens, so eggs is always on the menu. I have given them away and cooked them into a cassarole and frozen it for later use. I enjoy raising and harvesting my food. chickens are carnivorous, however I feed mine a strict diet of veg and then allow them to free range.

3. snowy

And that's how you get the best eggs.

4. twodogs New Member

Crisp up some bacon, pour most of the fat off, add scrambled egg and milk mixture, crumble in some of the bacon, and add shredded cheddar cheese near the end of the cooking cycle. If you are in the northern NJ area, sub in some Taylor Ham for the bacon; either small pieces or, better yet, finely shredded and fried prior to adding the egg mixture.

5. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Fresh eggs at our local farmers market $6 a dozen, but each is a double yolk and they have never been refrigerated....YUMMY..
    (gotta' wash them when we get home, some still have feathers attached.)

6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

As a kid we had geese.
    One goose egg made an omelet and was so rich, so delicious.
    Made with fresh goat cheese and fresh chopped chives.
    The problem was you had to get past those hissing, nasty bastards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. snowy

I hate geese with a passion. Yes, I've been bitten more than once. :(

• Like Like x 2
  8. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Have you guys ever had duck eggs? We have some friends who are raising some ducks and chickens, and they gave us some duck eggs.

Why the fuck are we wasting time raising all these chickens?

I knew duck was tastier meat than chicken, but OMG duck eggs are crazy ridiculous delicious! I just did them simple, soft scrambled in a little butter, with cracked pepper and a pinch of sea salt, and it was lke a total redefinition of "eggs." So rich, such complex flavor, better than any chicken egg I've ever had!

Now I am searching all the nearby farmer markets for anyone who sells duck eggs....

• Like Like x 1
  9. snowy

Duck eggs over kimchi fried rice. Yes, please.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Yes, duck eggs are incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IanBrianna

IanBrianna New Member

Poached.