1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How do you maintain your body hair?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by Remixer, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I initially wanted to post up a thread regarding the maintenance of facial hair only, but decided to give the ladies something to chime in with.

Tell us how neatly and where you trim, shave, wax, etc your various types of body hair. How do you like to keep it, how do others want you to keep it?

I have the hair on top of my head cut once every two months and basically keep it at 3 to 5 cm in length. SO wants me to let it grow to 10cm in length, but since I'm already in the business world I don't want to come across as more of a douche than I already am.

The hair on my face I trim every 3-4 days, as I like the look and feel of a 3-to-5 day beard. Though mostly it's at my SO's request as apparently she goes all gaga over it. I used to cleanly shave my entire face, but as long as my SO is around, razor blades to be used by me are banned. (I can't emphasize enough the glare she gave me when I wanted to re-introduce razors into my life).

Since I'm not exactly a very hairy person by nature, other than on my head, I only do a good trimmage of the crotch region.

Tell us!

TELL US!

2. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I am hairy.... I have a five o clock shadow if I shave but to be honest, the hair doesn't bother me, its hot weather that gets to me, so I usually try to keep things short to regulate the heat better.

I maintain my pubic region by trimming it short around and shaved from the shaft to the taint. This year I waxed my chest and back, after the pain subsided, I actually like the look, for about two weeks till it started to grow back. It was weird to be so bare.

I usually keep my head short as I like the feel of it, but I'm going to start growing it long as a single guy, I have the opportunity now rather than later.

3. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Fortunately, my wife is fine with the Neanderthal look.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I shave my face daily. I trim my beard (a van dyke) weekly. I get my hair cut monthly. Now that it's thinning, I keep the hair on my head trimmed shortish.

The rest of my body hair I trim every three to six months as needed. I have found that in the tropics, keeping things a little shorter keeps me a little cooler.

6. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I cut my own hair on my head when it needs it. It is a little shorter in the Summer.

I have less hair in the Summer than in the Winter in other places too.

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I shave my face daily. My hair: I lop my pony-tail every few weeks and try to keep it slightly above collar-length - something that was instilled into me from my ballroom dancing days.

I don't have much chest hair, but will definitely pull out my nipple hairs if I've got company.

Regarding down below, I'm a frequent and fastidious washer but don't trim anything. If a SO had a strong preference for me to do so, then I would - as long as I would not risk horrid discomfort.
    Indeed, here is a an audio peice I did about dangers of shaving ass hair. ("Like you do" /Poetry :))
    DON'T SHAVE YOUR ASS-HAIR
    It was done as a 'get better' bed-time story for a mate of mine who'd hurt his finger, so ignore the message at the end.

And here is the written source that I found on craigslist:
    best of craigslist: WARNING!!!

:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Single status, My pubes would be turned from amazon jungle to sherwood forest.
    Clean cock & balls.

Married status...just my head and face.
    Everyone once in awhile I do a single status bit.

Never anywhere else.
    I've got a decent amount but not overdone naturally on my legs, arms, stomach & chest. A touch on my shoulders.
    Kind of like Tom Selleck used to be on Magnum PI.

Ass hair...tried it...don't like the sensation. :confused:

9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I think this shaving thread should be lumped in with the dick size thread... just like on 4.0. Oh, the memories.

I shave my head every 3 weeks or so. When it gets long enough to where I get bed head, it goes. When I'm at work, I might let it get longer but hair that doesn't dry after a few rubs with a towel is annoying. I shave my face when I start to go from unkempt college kid to hobo. My current girlfriend likes my face smooth but I tend to resist. Shaving every day is something I did in the military (even when thousands of miles from civilization) and totally hated. I don't do it without good reason. Just for shits and giggles I'll grow out my hobo beard on occasion (it's become halfway respectable since I first started; hair is growing in a lot thicker, slightly less Keanu Reeves-ish). I'll clear ye olde shaft of fur for my old lady since she commented that such would lead to more of that activity where I get to massage her tonsils with my heat-seeking cyclops. I don't really have hair on my chicken arms, my leg hair is thin and the rest of my body is basically smooth skin aside from the weird Batman logo currently growing on my tiny chest.

I'd also like to add that I've only been with two women that weren't completely shaved beneath the eyebrows. While functional for sloppy snogfests, it does get boring after awhile. As such, a little manicured lawn has become one of those minor fetishes of mine. Yes, I've come to appreciate a good crotch mohawk. All points detailed to convince my current girlfriend allowing a little landing strip would be good for morale have been ignored.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  10. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

I cut my hair every four to six months, sometimes longer. Depends on how well I maintain the ends. As soon as they start getting dried or split, they get lopped off (which happened today).

I wax my arms, shave my legs (I'd wax my legs, but for some reason they're super sensitive to it), and use an electric trimmer every few weeks to get even centimeter-length pubes, then use a regular razor to shave it smooth on my slit. I also shave my pubes in an upside-down "v". I have no idea why I do this, but it's habit.

11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  12. Alistair Eurotrash

I get my hair cut when it starts to look shit(ter). I sometimes consider growing it long again (like when I was a young hippy).

I trim myself "down there" when I think it needs it. It's greying and that's not a good look.

I shave every day. Except when I don't. Sometimes, when not working, I'll leave it a few days until it gets itchy. Then I shave it in stages, playing with different beard styles as I do so. It amuses me.

13. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

Whyyyyyyyy?

14. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

BTW...for those of you that hate razors for shaving, might want to try this.
    No-No.
    [​IMG]

I don't use it, but my wife does...she can't use regular razors on her legs due to her illness.
    This does the job and makes it last. It uses heat technology.
    It's a bit pricey to purchase...but once it's done...it's over with. No new razors, no refills....just have to recharge it.

-------
    Myself...a nice clean razor, a good hot shower...and a non-fog mirror.
    Never electric, those pinch.
    No lotions, no need.

I have a vibrating one, that I like...it's not that I think that the motion makes a better cut,
    but the vibration keeps the hairs from sticking to the blade...allowing me to clean it off easier.
    Now that will make an easier shave since it's the hairs that wear it down.

On that note, I keep my blades longer than most people...last for months.
    That's because whenever they feel like they are getting worn...I sharpen them.
    This is easy...it's in a way like the old-school blades where they sharpened them on leather.
    You "could" use leather...but you can use jeans, a towel...hell, even your own firm skin on a muscle.

Just slowly & firmly move the blade opposite in direction upon the surface. (against the direction of the blade edge)
    Again, kind of like the old-school blade sharpening...pulling back away from the edge...with say about 10 repetitions.

You'll find your blade last a LOT longer. And with the prices they are these days, that's a grand thing. :D

15. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Let's just say that I'm a hairy bastard and i have hair everywhere. I cut my hair (on my head) every 2 weeks, and it stays short. My neither region looks like a forest.
    my wife is the typical woman she shaves the normal stuff. Every now and then she'll shave her vajayjay bald. Shes not a hairy person.

16. rb123

rb123 New Member

I do a three layer trim on my groin. The balls and cock are shaved bare, and the area about an inch above my cock. Then a short (1/4 inch) trim for a couple inches above that, and about a half inch trim for everything else. I use a Phillips BodyGroomer for the trimming about once a week, and a razor in the shower every second day for the shaving. I also use the 1/2" setting on my chest every few weeks.

17. aabbccbbaa2

aabbccbbaa2 Vertical

I'm quite hairy as well, my head is cut every few weeks. My face is shaved every 3 days, but the last few weeks i don't shave it with razors anymore, just as short as possible with the trimmer and it's fine, no irritation.
    Since i have hair on my chest, belly, legs and back (sorry about that) it will sound stupid, but i shave my balls and dick bare. I tried it once and had a good lick from my SO ... damn that felt good. So i can recommend it to everybody else :) Just around the cock i trim it about 5mm long... i don't trim or shave on my back, chest or legs...

18. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

I shave legs and under arms when they need it. It's funny how the older I get, the less often I need to shave. I had heard the opposite would be true.
    My head hair I trim once every couple of years. Sometimes once a year if split ends are a problem, but usually not. My mother has been after me for more years than I can count to cut my hair short.

19. Mick

Mick Vertical

I'm regularly shave my neck about once a week. But trimming my beard, shaving my head to the skin sort of happens on a need to basis.

20. Avestruz

Avestruz Vertical

It depends.

During winter I won't bother shaving my underarms (I don't understand why people are often so horrified by this) or legs, but I'll sometimes trim the underarm hair when it gets very long. During summer I'll shave them only when they're likely to be seen at close range. And by "being seen" I mean being out in public, at home is different. And I also am not bothered by regrowth of less than a week on either my legs or underarms and have no problem being seen that way.

Ladypart maintenance depends on the likelihood of sex, and for me that involves removing everything except the triangle, and the triangle is trimmed to a length where it doesn't go curly.

My eyebrows are a fairly good shape naturally so I don't do any reshaping of them, but I will tweeze the couple of deviant hairs that show up occasionally.

I wear my hair long and I might get it cut at a salon every 1-2 years. I usually get tired of having it longer after that time so get it cut to neck length but usually after the short-lived relief from all the hair I then want it longer again. I've been known to cut my own hair as well with reasonable results.