1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How many women would date and settle down with an Obese guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ds81, Sep 4, 2016.

1. ds81

ds81 New Member

As the title says, I am curious as to how many women would date and settle down long term with a guy who is 450 pounds weight wise and getting 800.00 USD per month from SSI to live on for PTSD issues.

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Obviously there are certain things that all of us use to disqualify others romantically. Many people do have particular physical types they are attracted to. And some will disqualify an obese person. Some would disqualify a red head, or someone over or under a certain height, or for any number of other reasons. However, my advice to anyone seeking a happy relationship is to first figure out how to be happy with yourself. Maybe that means accepting certain things that you tend to dislike about yourself. Or, that may mean making changes in your life to adjust some of the things you dislike about yourself. It could also mean identifying yourself as more than just a weight and a disability. Consider what your likes, interests, and hobbies are. I'm sure there is much more to you as a person than those things, and there are almost certainly others out there with similar likes, interests, and hobbies. A start could be seeking out others that enjoy the same things you do?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ds81

ds81 New Member

This isn't what I was asking about Borla. I already know everything about me, my likes, dislikes what my end game is in life and stuff. I already accept everything about me and I am happy with who I am. I was basically wanting to know if there was any women who would accept those 3 things about a guy whos got those 3 issues that are unchangeable.

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

As a male I can't give you a solid answer but I work for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation where we have clients with all kinds of disabilities and life conditions many far worse than the ones you describe and they have partners so of course, there is someone out there for you.
    The trick is going to be how and where to find them.

• Like Like x 3
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Male her also but I have a hunch that having less than $10,000 a year in income is going to be a bigger hurdle to clear than your weight.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Borla

The absolute answer is yes.

Those variables do reduce the number, sure. The challenge will be on you to 1) make sure others associate you mostly with your other positive qualities, and 2) find the dating pool of people who value those positive qualities over any limitations you have.

7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

It's just the click that counts.

Just be yourself.
    Be open to interaction.
    Put yourself out there.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
    Seriously, no matter who you are...it's a challenge, people are wishy-washy. Find someone who enjoys hanging with you. (and someone you enjoy hanging with)
    If you don't, try again.

8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Female here. Wow. At 450 pounds, you are four of me.:confused:

I don't have any idea of how many women could overlook that part, but you really only need to find one. Supposedly, there is a horse for every rider and a rider for every horse. Whether they can find each other is the question. As the population has gotten fatter, I look around I see fat couples all over. At the malls, on the street, at church, restaurants, and especially at buffet style eating establishments. I have an obese friend who says that of course she eats, because eating is the only really pleasurable thing that she does. Most other things she would like to do are just too much of a struggle. So, if you actually take pleasure in food rather than just shoveling it in to medicate yourself, that might be an area of commonality to explore.
    Speaking as a woman, the thing at the very top of my personal list of traits when considering a man as a long term partner is that he must be a responsible adult, able to take care of himself. That includes being financially capable and responsible. As @fflowley points out, financial incapacity could be a deal breaker for many women who, though not seeking a 'sugar daddy' arrangement, don't want a financial albatross either. Especially if they've already had that experience. Like me.

My ex-husband, sexy, handsome, so ideal in many ways (to me as a nineteen year old) was a financial albatross. It took me years to dig my way out of the financial hole he left me in. If you are able to deal with PTSD and demonstrate that you are moving forward past the PTSD that could help. But you're stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place when your PTSD is your disability, hence, your paycheck.

Realistically, you have a very tough path.

• Like Like x 1
  9. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

First, welcome to the TFP, I have found the people here to be caring,helpful and willing to accept friendships. As to your question of " How many? " being truthful what is in your thought as a perfect lifetime mate?

10. redravin

On the matter of money and how a women might view you there, I don't know what state you live in so it's possible this might not work for you (some states go by order of selection because of funding and only take the most severely disabled) but you should try DVR.
    Both PTSD and obesity count as disabilities, so they would provide services to help find a career that that fits you.
    Some places even offer medical assistance and psych support but at the very least they will give you training and tools to give you the opportunity to make a decent living or at least to supplement your disability check.

11. ds81

ds81 New Member

I didn't have anymore intents on replying to anyones replies. But I got to say Even if I were skinny or built like john cena and had his bank account I would throw you to the curb quickly. people like you repulse me and make me sick. You have no idea the shit I go threw in life or what I have seen or done or have had happen to me that contributed to my weight and ptsd. If you knew me and actually seen me you'd know I am far from lazy and I have busted my ass to the point of having a heat stroke pushing myself to the point of death trying to lose this weight and has been a huge struggle since childhood.

There are many things that can cause obesity, mental, health, physical, medical pills, even emotional issues can cause obesity. My body is cursed with genetics from obese parents and a very slow metabolism and dead thyroid. All contributing factors not even counting PTSD that can also cause weight gain or weight loss depending on the person.

You are the type of person who I would never want to have even as a family member. People with your mentality disgust me and make me sick.

You need to start learning the background of people and their life before you sit back and criticize and judge others.
    And yes there are big people like your friend who rather do nothing all day but eat then there are big people like me who bust their ass trying to lose it and can't. Just like there are people who are muscular or skinny and can eat plate after plate and not gain a pound.

My cousin who is 175 pounds eats like a horse daily eats a full large pizza in one sitting but you would never guess it because of his extremely high metabolism. He out eats me on a daily basis. you really need a big reality check in life.

It is okay for women to be obese and sit at home all day while the guy busts his butt supporting her, but god forbid if the shoes are reversed and the guy actually has enough income to support himself but no one else.

I have a cousin who is like you exactly and She really makes me angry to the point I want to smack her a few good times. It is why I have nothing to do with her and don't consider her family.

12. redravin

Dude, hold the fuck on.

You asked for an honest answer and she gave you one.
    It wasn't mean or unkind and it was meant to answer your question.
    If you weren't looking for honesty and forthright responses you came to the wrong forum.
    Everyone here is happy to help in any way they can but they are not going to put up with bile and anger towards someone who was just trying to help.

I don't always agree with the folks here but I know they would never do anything to be nasty or judgemental.
    I'm a big dude myself for all sorts of reasons, depression can fuck with you in some pretty brutal ways, but I know that Lindy is not the kind of person to treat me badly because of it.
    I'm sorry you have family who are obnoxious losers but please don't take that out on us.

• Like Like x 7
  13. ds81

ds81 New Member

I can handle honesty just fine but no lindy was not being honest. She was being down right hateful. and judgmental. There is a difference. She was giving her shallow insecure selfish thoughts and projecting them onto everyone saying that is how every woman basically is, is just like her.

14. Borla

That goes both directions, no?

Though I understand how you read her post to be critical of you personally, I don't think that was the main intent.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Your response to Lindy is exactly why I didn't respond to you. Because you're going to judge anything we say from a perspective of not knowing this community. Not knowing that we have members with huge body image issues, those with their own demons who work their asses off every day to just stay alive.

Honestly, no, I wouldn't have connected with someone who was morbidly obese and had income issues. I have abandonment issues. And I wouldn't have wanted to be with someone who is likely to die before me. Before you get defensive, I was also obese and half broke at one point. I found the right partner for me, lost a shit ton of weight, and I went back to school. It's about finding the right person, not polling people to find out "if" ... It's about "who."

And the defensive attitude would probably have put me off as well, though I do understand it well.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

This paints a picture of an accepting, happy person. The typical jolly fat guy. OK so far, but so very different from the rant below. You say you already know everything about yourself? I don't think so.

And you have three issues that are unchangeable, you say? Calling your issues "unchangeable" should warn off any woman seeking a healthy relationship right there.

And perhaps I am wrong, but I make the assumption that most women seek a healthy relationship.

I see. Everything has happened to you. You had nothing to do with it.

You've gone through a lot of shit. And it's not your fault. None of it.

And anyone who doesn't buy into your preconceived self-justifying, self-pitying narrative of victimhood is met with rage and anger. Your cousin is fortunate that you want nothing to do with her. Except to smack her around a few times.
    Any woman looking for a healthy relationship?

No.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  17. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I highly encourage you to go back, re-read, and open your eyes to the fact that every comment made to you in the above posts was level-headed and reasonable.

Your response was over-the-top and honestly.... violent.

Everyone has a lot of personal issues they need to resolve internally before they are ready to love. You are not immune.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

This.
    All of us struggle.
    More than the income or the weight, anger issues would have me gone in an instant.

• Like Like x 3
  19. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I think it is also easy to be angry. When you are down on yourself or angry about something, it is an easy defence mechanism to lash out at others. It maybe necessary to take a look at these things. Are there support options available (especially) for the PTSD? Even having someone to chat with may make things a little easier. Maybe you need to figure out how you live with your issues, or lessen them, rather than wearing them out in front. You are a guy with some positives, who happens to be obese and have PTSD. Work on highlighting the positives, rather than leading with the negatives.

I don't think a girlfriend is a magic bullet to happiness. Maybe in your mind you picture being settled at home with a companion and this will make life rosier.

I also don't think going dating is necessarily the right approach to meeting people. Even without a lot of money, there are activities/hobbies etc. that are a way of meeting people. You never know, you might meet someone you like, who also likes you.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Let me start by saying don't judge lindy, you don't know her. We here at this little corner of the internet are one happy family. And lindy is OUR family. We are more honest than most people out there. If you don't like an answer to a question you do not have to judge someone or belittle them. I myself am a big guy I have a wife who loves me dearly if I weight 900 pounds she would you do love me and the people on this form would still love me they would not judge me by my weight they would judge me for my brain and how interact with people on the internet or in real life. The answer to your question is yes there is someone out there for everyone. And you just have to find that person. But being judgemental is not a way to do it. We all have our flaws and I have some just as well as everyone else. And apparently one of your flaws is being quick to judge people. People on this forum who weigh between 100 pounds in 500 pound so please don't make fun of our family, and this coming from a 350 pound man. If I can have love so can you but you might want to start with your attitude.

• Like Like x 11