1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How much of an age difference is too much?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by dodger01, Nov 25, 2011.

1. AlwaysCurious

AlwaysCurious Vertical

2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

It isn't something that should be encouraged or celebrated. We have way too many people on this planet already, we don't need people in their late 70s dealing with teenagers. And there are plenty of single guys in their 30s-40s that would be better choices if kids are something a woman wants.

My age range is 18-35, but matching personality, relationship, and life experiences is more important.

3. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

If she's over the age of consent and willing, I'm good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Are you from Alabama?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

No, we can't be related, so I guess there is another requirement in my list.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Can't be stupid. That's a requirement priority above age.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. dboypipes New Member

My Personal preference is I'm more sexually attracted to women about 10 or more years older than myself I'm in my late 30s and I found woman 40+are less problems, drama, know what they want in bed and what I want to and tend to be more comfortable in themselves sexually to be able to have fun and try new things and fun ways to cum that's just me I Love to fuck the older woman more so than the"youthful pretty faced princess drama queen

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'd say, the true challenge is when having a relationship with an age gap...and it goes BOTH ways is not to demean or underestimate your partner.

The older partner needs to make sure not to patronize their SO or turn into a parental role.
    The younger partner needs to not be arrogant themselves, thinking they're superior or have an advantage because of their youth and the SO is "old".
    Neither should "roll their eyes" at the other.
    Thinking the other doesn't "get it".

If they haven't experienced it yet...bring them into the fold.
    Both experiences and awareness is legit.

Even something as simple as words and terms, initials can differ...one says IDK, the other WYSIWYG.
    Both can be useful...it's like people who speak the same language, but a different dialect...or come from different parts of the country.

If they haven't seen a movie or a show you've seen...and it goes both ways...share it with them.
    Don't say...OMG, you haven't seen this!...boy, you've missed something.
    Say...well, let's see if we can find it...maybe you'll like it, I know I did.
    Maybe they'll "get it" maybe they won't.

But being dismissive or arrogant either way will slowly make the other SO feel not so good.
    that will drive a wedge between you both.

----

Also, BOTH partners need to be ready and to let go when they feel the "age gap" sensation.
    You'll get if you're older when you think how old your younger SO was when you last experienced a thing or event.
    You'll get if you're younger when you think how much time has happened when your older SO has experienced a thing or event.
    It twists the noodle a bit.
    You gotta let it go, appreciate the difference and move on.

----

Last, you'll have to deal with all the questions, comparison and opinions of other people. (family, friends, even complete strangers who find out the gap...people are VERY particular at times...even loved ones)

9. fiona New Member

25-30 for me[​IMG]

10. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My lil Hmong chick just turned 37, I am turning 55 soon. I have told her many times I'm too old for her. However her Dad was 25 yrs older than her Mom. Is this family or cultural thing? I ask my Hmong guy friends and they tell me age is never anything to consider. In America our media teaches us something different.

11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Whatever works for others is fine with me.

Personally I'm not sure how I'd feel if I was say 65 (or 45) and had a 40 (or 20) year old wife/GF/SO.

12. Hello - Strom Thurmond??? He was fathering children up into his 70s.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, I'd say the gap is the same as any other "gap"...

Race
    Religion
    Language
    Culture
    Class
    Country
    Family
    Sex

Etc, etc, etc...and so on...

In the end there will always be others that have opinions on what's "appropriate" (including family and friends)
    The people involved have to work out differences
    And respect each other...both ways.

The key is that it's legal, you like each other and want to continue.
    Simple.

Everyone else can go jump in a lake.

Love & lust have been bridging gaps for millennia.

Age is just another factor.