1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How seriously should this be taken? Man suing White Castle for small booths.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Maybe we should all just chip in together and send them a sign saying this? :D

2. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

1) Conceeded.
    2) They offer a dining room to eat-in patrons. He's unable to use it. He is not able to consume his food in the place of his chosing.
    3) I see no reason not to believe him. Until you have evidence to the contrary, like White Castle saying "we don't plan on renovating that restaurant", then I think we've got to assume he's telling the truth. But they said there's not timetable to renovate, which implies that they will. That lends credence to his argument. They haven't refuted his claims that I've seen.

As for your annecdote, I wonder about that. If they don't have the chair at this location, then it lends more credence to his argument. The article did say that he could have "asked" for a chair from a manager, but that implies that it's not out there. That's A Problem in my book.

3. Borla

They should just say "at our next schedule remodel/major maintenance of this restaurant we will plan limited seating for those unable to fit in the current configuration of our booths". AFAIK, old places don't even have to have their bathrooms wheelchair accessible until they do a major remodel, and I think most would consider that a more basic issue than this. I think that response would cover all bases, no?

As far as having to ask for a loose chair to pull up to a table (again, IF they are available the same way my local White Castle is set up, they may not be), I consider that about as hard to do as the thousands of parents who ask restaurants for high chairs or booster chairs for their kids every day (they are often tucked away in a nook or server station.

4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Are we doomed to fatness, if we go to these fast food places? My anecdotal experience says yes...

5. the_jazz

Borla, they should have said that, but they didn't. They should have posted a sign, but they didn't. They could have been less condesending in their letters, but they weren't. Effectively, they've managed to communicate "if you're too fat to sit here, get the fuck out". Regardless, I see this as a loss for White Castle. They could have done several things to avoid this without remodeling the store, but they didn't. Honestly, it's poor risk management, the same as the Leibeck claim was for McDonald's. They've compounded their problems.

The thing about the chair is, though, is that you have to know that the chair is there in the first place. Bosters and high chairs tend to be in pretty visible spots.

6. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

There's an awful lot of legal discussion going on about a place that SUCKS... Sorry, sorry. I'll take my White Castle hatred elsewhere.

As an aside, though, booths HAVE gotten bigger over the years. Even I can remember them being smaller when I was a kid, but I bet they were smaller still in the '50s.

7. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Ever since I saw "Harold & Kumar go to White Castle", I wanted to check it out. Don't spoil it for me, yo.

8. Borla

White Castle is one of those places that you have to go to every once in a great while just to remind yourself about it's horrible goodness. It's kind of like a burger version of Taco Bell. You know it's bad, it's bad for you, and you'll be sorry you ate it. But it's 1am, you are starving, and there is just something about it that you have to have........

9. the_jazz

No, I completely agree. White Castle sucks ass, even if you're drunk.

Krystal is where it's at.

10. Remixer

At least I now have one more place to add to my list to go and eat at once while I'm there.

11. Borla

I like White Castle burgers more, but Krystal has those mini chili dogs (or at least used to last time I was down south and went) that are pure awesomeness at 3AM.

12. the_jazz

Let me speak to the future, drunken, sleepy Borla:

I'm going to blow your mind with three words - Chili. Cheese. Fries. And since Krystal's a Southern company, there's plenty of room in the booth.

13. Borla

The one time I remember eating inside a Krystal burger (done the drive through a couple times down south) was when I was pulling an all night drive to Florida. It was somewhere on I-65, I think somewhere north of Birmingham, and it was around 2am. Let me just say that the people watching (and listening) alone was worth twice the price of the food.

14. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

I don't know...I'm partial to White Castle sliders myself. Krystal's is alright. Even for drunk food. I'd definitely place White Castle over Krystal's.

Perhaps the reason I like White Castle so much is because the first time I ate it, I was cold, hungry, extremely tired and hadn't eaten in a while.

15. Remixer

Opinions are on opposing sides here when it comes to White Castle and Krystal.

Never thought there was such a division.

16. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Where's my exclusion? I was being ironic.

17. the_jazz

You were excluded ironicly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I don't like either. Everything tastes like onions...even the soda. :eek:

19. Remixer

Hahahahaha, I love onions.

20. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

So, do I get my bigger booth now?

Also, the white castle in my town now closes at 9 PM on weekdays and 11 PM on weekends. What's up with that? I want to be able to do a 3 o'clock in the morning drunk double slider with cheese and cheesestick run with a cup of cheese.