1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How to Define Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Remixer, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Alright people, the gig is up.

Truth be told, I don't care the slightest about marriage and same-sex marriage. Religion, to me, has no bearing on such a widely applied institution in our societies. To refuse the inclusion of a group of people to practice marriage is direct exclusion of being part of society, and thus outright discrimination. In non-secular nations, this debate doesn't exist and it isn't our place to dictate to others.

---

As some specific people know, I played devil's advocate in this debate from the beginning to get the debate spirit around here going. For the most part it has been fun. Wasn't impressed with others' inability to actually have a debate (hi @arkana). Still appreciate when some keep their cool and simply address the issue in a primarily intellectual fashion (whatup @Baraka_Guru).

I decided to call it quits once the ideological diatribe and ridiculing became too much of a factor in this thread, and when @omega started the ad hominems in another thread.

There are some things I gathered from this experience that I will address in another thread very soon.

2. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

I'm sorry I didn't impress you @Remixer.

3. Remixer

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

Well this presumptive asshole salutes you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

Ah, but I think you do. I think if it was put down to a vote, you'd actually go down to the polls and cast a vote. I believe this of everyone on TFP actually. I am an optimist like that.
    You got me.

And you're a bastard. But shame on me for fooling me once. I should have known there is no way you'd be incapable of separating the issue in your head. Kudos for a great thread though. I too enjoyed the dialogue that flowed.

I would like to say that I earnestly want to hear a legit person who thinks gay marriage is wrong on any level, but I don't. I live in NC. We banned gay marriage cause hashtag Jesus hashtag YOLO hashtag abomination. Really there is no legit argument against it and the fact that a conversation about needs to be had is sad.

• Like Like x 2
  6. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

oh, good to know that you do - thanks
    --- merged: Nov 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM ---

I found a related read http://www.today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/bathrooms-are-not-separate-but-246842.aspx

For those who feel sad for this discussion's existence. I regret it.
    BTW I had never met a homosexual in my entire life. Never had a friend, family member or even a close neighbor who is homosexual. I can only imagine their challenges. Perhaps I should read.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  7. Remixer

I don't think there's anything to regret when discussing controversial issues.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

The future belongs to multiple small single-occupancy restrooms, each with its own toilet, sink, etc. Any one of these rooms can be used by any gender. I see this in many newer buildings around here.

• Like Like x 2
  9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

• Like Like x 1