1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Christian, May 23, 2015.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Amen.

2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I have renamed my wife's lady parts "Heaven". I hope to get there someday... Is praying like begging? I do that a lot.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I guess if we consider the Christian perspective, I will have to sort things out in purgatory before I get to heaven. I'm okay with that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

^^^Purgatory is like second base.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

That's more of a Catholic thing. I'd suggest going protestant and skipping that step.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Sure, as long as you don't end up mired in Calvinism. Nothing like a little predestination to rain on one's parade....

• Like Like x 3
  7. Baraka_Guru

I have a chance the Catholic way. Protestants believe I'm going straight to hell.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

My wife's body is a temple. I attend services as often as I'm allowed....

The problem with the Catholic deal is you have to go to confession every time you fuck up. I think the Jewish people have it right. One day of atonement, and you're good for the year. Easier to keep up that way....

I'm screwed no matter what. I'm sure I've seriously pissed God off at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Relevant:

• Like Like x 3
  10. This is my favorite thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My sister has found God, and Jesus as well, so I'm getting a lot of well meant but unwanted advice.:rolleyes: Similar to this thread.

I'm concerned, because her latest kick (Jesus) has lasted over a year already, hot on the heels of her excursion in to Nichiren Buddhism.

She has for years been in a mode of constantly finding enlightenment, salvation, nirvana, valhalla, etc.

Her enthusiasm usually spends itself quickly, until the next big thing comes along.

I don't take her seriously anymore and try to keep conversation away from her current obsession.
    Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Some people are always seeking and never satisfied. We need some form of answers and all of us look for them. As long as your sister doesn't end up under the influence of a truly harmful cult, she will be fine (if only a little annoying :) )

• Like Like x 2
  13. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

This phrasing always reminds me of my grandfather (bless his memory), who was confronted by a missionary asking, "Sir, have you found Jesus?" To which my grandfather replied, "I didn't even know he was lost."

• Like Like x 3
  14. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Have they, in turn, found her?

Some of us are just plain seekers. Never really find the answer; if there is one...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Baraka_Guru

Don't get me wrong. I'd choose the Jewish deal over any Christian deal every time. I was merely considering my preference if Christianity were the only way.

I'd much sooner convert to Judaism than Christianity, but as it is now, if God exists, I hope Judaism is right about Him.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

In what sense?

17. Baraka_Guru

That Dante's Inferno misses the mark.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

OK, ya gotta elucidate on that one. I've read the Divine Comedy; but it's been a while.

19. Baraka_Guru

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I'm really confused about how that relates to Judaism's view of god....