1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

How to repel snakes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, May 15, 2012.

1. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Too true, besides, it might be your favorive politician....

2. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

If nothing else, the absurdity of this thread is making me chuckle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Murder doesn't apply to animals or else every human is a murderer.

Snakes do not have the right to live

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

By the same token, they don't deserve to die just because you're afraid of them.

How many people, animals, and things would disappear if we all destroyed the things we fear?

I say strive to understand rather than give in to destructive emotions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Last edited: May 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

Thulsa Doom: You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants, and my PETS! And that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief! He raised that snake from the time it was born.

Conan: You killed my mother! You killed my father! You killed my people! You took my father's sword!

• Like Like x 2
  7. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Generally speaking, I'm a live and live kinda guy. Except when I'm not.

Saw lots of snakes in africa, both kinds. The reptiles weren't so bad....

8. Strange Famous

This is typical of the arrogance of some animals. Chimps are another example. You will often hear about a chimp giving it the big "I am" swaggering around like he's the dog's bollocks, but actually and in reality they are beneath the intelligence of the most idiot human, they live in cages and drink cups of tea for the amusement of humans, or else live in wild nature in worst conditions than any tramp, and they think they are "dominant" over humans? If a chimp came down my street right now acting like he was better than me I'd tuck him in any number of ways. They get called "tool users" or whatever cos they can throw a rock or wave a stick? Im supposed to be impressed by this when I can drive a fucking car? fucking buffoons.

Because I "hate" an animal doesn't mean I am "afraid" of it. I hate snakes because they are revolting and indiscriminate killers, who hide and then attack like cowards.s

Snakes simply kill anything they find without any motivation. By removing this enemy species we would be doing the world a favour. Bio-diversity would grow MASSIVELY if the snake is eradicated. They should not be an existing species.

9. Baraka_Guru

Hm. You don't seem to know much about chimps either. Do you hate them too?

You'd better be a "tool user," otherwise an aggressive chimp (swaggering down the street? seriously?) would be a bit dangerous to "tussle" with or "tuck" or whatever you call it. Despite their size, chimps have a strength that is incomprehensible.

But we're talking about snakes, after all.

Hatred is usually caused by such things as fear and ignorance. In the case of this thread, I think it's a combination of the two. For example:
    Dude, your anthropocentrism is showing.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Strange Famous

Lets not even start about chimps because I dont like them.

Of course I see the world as human centred. I am a human, and we are the shapers of the whole world. When we are gone some other animal can have their say, but for now we are in charge.

11. Baraka_Guru

"Shapers" of the world? "In charge"?

Did you even study science?

And you (erroneously) consider snakes and chimps arrogant. Holy shit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Strange Famous

Of course we shape the world.

Which other animal was able to end evolution? Which other animal has the power to make this earth uninhabitable for any living thing?

13. Baraka_Guru

Oh, I thought you meant shape, as in "make" or "create." But what you really meant was destroy.

Well, I'll give you that about humanity, but I don't consider that a particularly noble trait. Snakes and chimps have done far less to the world to make it a worse place to live.

In the big picture, between humans and snakes: who's the pest?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Strange Famous

The problem is you are asking questions from some imaginery position of neutrality, and I am an answering them as a human being.

15. Baraka_Guru

But are you speaking for humanity? Hardly.

Those of us who understand ecosystems, who don't anthropomorphize animals, who aren't as anthropocentric as you don't see things as you do. That isn't an imagined neutrality; it's a position of understanding.

There is nothing evil about snakes. There is nothing alien about them. This isn't the Bible. This isn't science fiction.

16. Strange Famous

Snakes are evil because they kill human beings regularly simply out of an automatic compulsion to kill

The snake may not be capable of morality itself (and thus it is not immoral to kill it)... but the effect it has on humanity is evil.
    --- merged: May 22, 2012 at 4:57 PM ---
    Fires are also "natural"... if your house was burning would you stand back and say "oh, what right have I to intervene in the natural way of the world?" or would you put it out?

As a human you already impact the world around you by the products you consume and the way you live.

Perhaps I simply have the clarity to make the hard decisions which are necessary with regards to these snakes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  17. Baraka_Guru

All that stuff you just typed, Strange.... It doesn't provide a very good case for the systematic extinction of an entire suborder of reptiles.

Snakes aren't evil. Fire isn't evil.

I wouldn't let a snake eat me, nor would I let a fire burn me.

This doesn't mean I want to make snakes extinct or extinguish the sun.

The natural world isn't something you game without dire consequences. We already have some hard lessons about that.

Again, I wouldn't want the fear or ignorance about something in nature to lead to its destruction.

Ecosystems: they work until humans break them.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

This thread.

I'm just going to go through and Like-ify all the posts.

Hall of Fame.

• Like Like x 3
  19. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

In that case...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 4