1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how/why did you change your avatar?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Mine is a little cartoon I made with an online generator a few years ago, but I think it represents me reasonably well...

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

My avatar is my mood ring. I've got many in circulation.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I update mine to the latest image of Uchiha Itachi whenever he appears in the Naruto manga, so if mine changes, he's in the latest chapter :p He's my favorite ninja, although I have to be careful. My avatars seem to predict character deaths in Naruto. I used to have an avatar of Jiraiya, but then he died, and it made me sad to look at, so I changed it to Itachi...but then he died too. So now I just keep it as Itachi.

4. Innocentmiss

Innocentmiss Getting Tilted

I never normally bother with them, but I decided that I would have one here, this pic just happened to be in the right place at the right time, ant I suppose its cute!

5. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

This one is more serene and that's how I've been trying to feel.

Compare:

[​IMG]

6. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

It's angrier, and therefore more appropriate.

I am a bitter, angry man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I'm still deciding what to use...

8. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

I couldn't find my old one once we moved over to TFP. Decided to use this picture that I took last week - one of my faves. I'll probably change again soon.

9. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I'd JUST changed mine a few days before we moved, and wasn't entirely happy with it (as much as I love Pooch and Percy.) The "Rock into Mordor" one was sort of a placeholder until I found one I really liked.

10. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I figured I'd take the opportunity to change it up since I hadn't in a long time.
    It suits me.

11. How? Scrolled through some images on pc.
    Why? Just because.

I'll swap it around every now and then.

12. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I kept mine because, more than ever, it describes a lot of different aspects of my life at the moment. It used to be a joke. Now, not so much.

13. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I like switching my avatar around. It will most likely change again this week.

14. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

I kept mine the same. God bless you, pissed off Johnny Cash

15. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

on another note: I thought the pic was funny as hell

16. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

I kept mine the same because i like to be able to find my posts quickly. I am very visual when it comes to forums, so when people change their avatars, it makes my brain go crazy, because I have to read usernames instead of just scanning pictures. I try to keep my own changing to a minimum, especially in the midst of everything else changing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I have the other one.....somewhere. I took this pic at the rugby a couple of weeks ago - it'll do the job.

18. raptor9k Vertical

I've been bitten by the bladesmithing bug recently so figured a change was in order.

19. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

I needed an avatar, but didn't feel like spending the time to look for my old one. This was the first image I could find that seemed suitable.