1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how/why did you change your avatar?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Because I like looking at elvish women.

2. fresnelly

fresnelly Getting Tilted

I'm not particularly attached to my new one. I just found it quick because I wasn't sure where my old one was. It's more of a placeholder until I find something I really like.

Kind of like Tattoos, I'm not that passionate about identifying images.

3. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

This is a piece by my (current) favorite painter, Sylvia Ji. I run a little towards the "goth" end of the spectrum, so I picked an image from her Day of the Dead set.

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

and a very cute one at that

5. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

N'awlins native ;)

6. DrSublime

DrSublime New Member

Because sharks are awesome.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

7. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

marilyn monroe was the queen of what TFP seemed to revere, ergo i collected a bunch of her avatars and change them more-or-less on a monthly basis. occasionally, like for memorial day, july 4th, and veteran's day, i'll throw up a viet nam service ribbon...

8. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

I am going to have to find a new one, now that I can't use the infamous "Your Mom" animated avatar.

9. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

It was a chance to share the picture of this ugly two-faced troll dude with an arm coming out of his skull that I drew in high school. What more reason do I need?

10. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Cuteness!

Uh....yeah, sorry about that :) I'm actually the same way, most of the time.

I really liked my "fuck everything and become a pirate," but the grey with white writing looked too much like the "I don't have an avatar yet" avatar. I like pinups, and I like puppies. Of course a pinup girl with puppies was the obvious choice.

11. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I didn't change mine. I wanted to, but couldn't find one that suited my mood.

12. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Honestly, I was too lazy to dig up my old one, and a lot of my posts reference my career, so it fits.

13. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

My old one was an espresso cup. I still like coffee, but now I'm also into biking. And a GIS for "coffee bike" returned this picture, so that's that :)