1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food I am having arguably the best pizza in Chicago tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Shit.

I spent 15 minutes tracking down the link to the second "Canadian beer sucks" fight scene from Canadian Bacon, only to find out it's now a bad link :mad:.

2. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I was wondering if he was failing when I saw he closed down late last year. RIP Pizza man.

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

As I said... fightin' words.

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Saw this in my brother's FB feed. I love Chicago-style pizza but I know better than to get into a discussion about what constitutes "good" pizza. And I learned that before the internet after a stint at Gino's East as a server. For my money, if it tastes delish, I don't care who made it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Meet up. Summer 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I want to badly. I can't justify the travel cost at the moment, but who knows. I should have bought more houses by then. I'm on track to buy at least 12 this year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

That would be awesome. I have to get a lot of work done first as well! But it could be doable and there's lot of room at my awesome MILS on Wonder Lake to save $100 a night.

10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Had pizza at Pequod's last weekend. The original funky little place in Morton Grove. Beautifully carmelized, and four of us shared one sausage/anchovy and one mushroom. Mushroom was great, the other, the anchovies were just overpowering, and I like anchovies. Seemed like not much cheese and lots of tomato sauce. Not as good as Lou Malnati's in my opinion. Great salad. But my brother chose and paid, so OK, I guess. I wouldn't go back, though.

11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The Pequods in Lincoln Park is the bomb, I hear. Not GF, so I only had a few bites each time, but it was worth the stomach pain.

12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Last year we went to the Pequod's in Lincoln Park too. We both really liked it. I think we got sausage and mushroom or something similar. I can imagine anchovies would be a touchy thing, even if you liked them, since the strength of their taste can really vary.

FWIW, I think stuff like Burt's and Pequod's are not quite old school Chicago style pizza. Not quite as thick and heavy. I like it better than true deep dish myself.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Sorry, REAL pizza is thin crust well done....Just about anyplace in ITALY makes THIN PIZZA, France too.
    New places opening in S FL PIEOLOGY...mass produced in 4 minutes....and really tasty......THIN
    Chicago pizza is something other than pizza....
    (Flame suit on)

14. redux

redux Very Tilted

[​IMG]

If you cant fold it, its not pizza! :cool:

15. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Yes, THAT is pizza, thin, crusty bottom

16. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I like thin crust also. There's a local sports bar that makes great thin crust. I had a couple of slices veggie, sliced fresh Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, onion, and mushroom. Yummy! Crust brushed with garlic oil. Guaranteed garlic breath for at least two days.

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Forno Rosso and Lou Malnati's make amazing gluten free pizza, if anyone gives a crap. Totally worth the dairy indulgence.