1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

I made a fake band tee for a friends birthday

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Snoogans, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted Donor

After I made a fake Black Metal-album for another friend, I had to up my game.

This time it's a Death Metal band tee.
    To save you time; MOBERG

Logo:
    [​IMG]

Tee:
    [​IMG]

I drew it with a pen on paper, used a fineliner on the outlines and filled it with a Pentel ink brush pen. took a photo with the phone and played around with color/contrast in GIMP.
    Since the paper got all wavy from the ink, it looks kinda 3D when I played around with levels and erased the paper background:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. izzzzy New Member

that would be too cool embroidery on a sweat shirt would enhance dimension . in fir a large grey/black lettering.

3. Snoogans

That was the initial thought, but it seemed as the design is too intricate to embroider. At least I couldn't find anyone willing to try it.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize. Donor

Kewl design!

I'm glad that you posted what it reads, I would've never firgured out MOBERG.

5. Snoogans

Thanks!

6. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Whilst at university in nineteen hundred and spelling mistake, I made up a shirt for the non existent band "Walp├╝rgisnacht", in a suitably spikey lettering. I wore it to DJ some rock nights at the uni bar, and several people claimed to really like them, and some even to have seen them.

I used to put fake band names on flyers too. I always thought that I'd like to see my imagined prog metal folk crossover band "The day after Thursday" perform...

7. Snoogans

Haha, that's great!
    Maybe they were time-traveling fans of Dutch Black metal warriors "Walpurgisnacht" (whom are actually pretty good).