1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food If I read my ticket info correctly, I get to meet Alton Brown.

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Is it worth going?
    He's here in Lincoln next week.
    Even the cheap seats are over $50:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

If you are at all a fan of his, or cooking shows, I say yes.

It was more of a comedy show than a cooking show. There were 2 very cool cooking experiments he showed (Mega Bake oven is one, won't ruin the surprise on the other), and lots of funny stories and songs. He also kind of has a few subtle digs on other TV chefs and at the end takes questions from the audience (via Twitter that you send during the show, it'll be explained how to submit them).

The humor is family friendly, and the whole thing is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but it was enjoyable. Also, the show lasted about 2.5 hours (one short intermission), which is longer than any comedy show by a single performer that I remember attending. My wife was a much bigger fan of his than I, as much as I love to cook/grill I only occasionally watch TV shows about doing so. But I left far more likely to watch his shows in the future just because he was entertaining. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

@Lindy , if you are still interested, there is a flash sale on tickets for tonight's show in Lincoln. Sale is from noon until 1pm. Check Alton's Twitter for more details, but if you use code 'Gourmet' there are big discounts on whatever seats are unsold. :)

• Like Like x 1