1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

If you could do anything...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Apr 15, 2017.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

What would it be?

Talking about a career, an adventure, or otherwise...

If you could drop what you were doing right now and do anything else, what would it be?

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Go to Iceland. Eczema breakout due to stress. I need some tranquility.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Start a multi-conglomerate tech company
    Go on a world sex tour (doing travel and "then some" in one)
    Get my PhD in Physics.
    Release my theories and hopefully win the Nobel.

So not much. :D

So basically stop work and have lots of disposable money.
    Or combining Richard Branson and Steve Jobs and Richard Feynman.

To be honest, it would help it I didn't zone after work. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I'd love to be able to be a stay at home dad, to be honest. My daughter is growing up way too quick, and I'm aware this is not a problem that will get better with time. I hate not being around as much as I want to be.

But someone's gotta pay the bills. So it goes.

• Like Like x 5
  5. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

Travel. That's it. I don't have the income but for a couple of trips a year and that's not enough at all.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Move back to California this very minute.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'd move my family to Japan. I miss it. That has actually been the only place I've traveled where I've honestly felt completely safe, comfortable, and just at home.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Travel around the world with enough time to not worry about a schedule.
    Party with friends and girls on the beach.
    Have a passionate relationship with a cute clingy girl, pretend we are teenagers with no worries in the world.
    Spend time building things and inventing stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  9. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I want the power to fly. Levitate with out restriction into the heavens and soar to any place my mind and heart desires. Not to worry about food or earthly needs unless I chose to partake. If I could do anything I would give and receive forgiveness from every person I've hurt in my 54 years.
    And furthmore I would cross the universe to the enjoyment of my eyes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. keiffer

keiffer New Member

If I could do anything. I would like to travel all over the world. I want to study the culture of the different nation, their history and what best in their land.

• Like Like x 7
  11. ^ This.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

Like most people in here i'd travel.
    I'd love to go back to the old world. I loved visiting buildings older than the founding of my country. Wandering around sites that humans had visited and shaped for thousands of years. I know you can find that sort of thing in a lot of places around the world, but England has always fascinated me.
    I'd go back to England and after spending a few months looking around there and Wales, i'd then go over to Scotland and Ireland.

After that i'd just travel Europe or wherever the whim takes me. Maybe i'd even feel like coming home for a visit by then. But i'd spend at least a year over there if i could.

13. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I'd study wildlife biology & conservation, and travel the world studying and helping endangered animals. I'd definitely hit up the African wildlife reserves (if I had absolutely no family or romantic attachments, I'd most likely be a park ranger or work in a rehab-type facility in South Africa or Kenya.) OR, I'd work for a reputable zoo doing educational outreach. Or possibly a combination of the two.

Alternatively, I'd be a wildlife photojournalist.

Now, all of the above require a pretty large educational commitment. If we're talking about dropping everything RIGHT NOW, I'd go see my BFF in Oregon, then make my way down the California coast and learn how to surf and sail (and also visit the San Diego Zoo.) And I'd maybe write a book. And then go backpacking across Europe.

Edited to add: I'd also take my Ultimate Baseball Road Trip. See every team play in their home stadium at least once (ugh, even the Cards and the Yankees), and get at least one picture and one souvenir from each place.

The Baseball Road Trip isn't all that likely, to be honest, but I've sloooowly started making plans to just go to different stadiums whenever I can. At the moment, I have tentative plans for the Braves, the Cardinals, and the Nationals.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  14. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

I always used to say "study", but as I age I'd extend that to say "study and teach".

I enjoy learning and finding out, and I enjoy seeing others learn. So maybe some form of technical consultancy might be a realistic career option later.

That and travel to spend uninhibited time with some lovely people around the world...