1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

If you could pick just one 80's icon.....

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Speed_Gibson, Aug 9, 2011.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I was going to get all indignant that the DeLorean from Back to the Future wasn't mentioned...and then I noticed the word "television." :oops:

I had a Power Wheels version of KITT. It was so awesome... so yes, KITT gets my vote.

2. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I think the Delorian is an option at this point with everything else mentioned for option #4. I would hope we can choose the post 2015 visit take with Mr Fusion at least so we don't have to steal plutonium from Libyan terrorists on a regular basis.

4. I'll take a pegasus-unicorn over a car any day.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Spirit! I liked Battle Cat a lot, too, and his alter-ego, Cringer.

Edit: Wait...Spirit was the horse. Swift Wind was the tricked-out alter-ego version.

Anyway, YAY SHE-RA!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Speed_Gibson

For weekends going off road/back woods the lifted GMC truck from the Fall Guy would come in handy.

7. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Don't forget cousin Howie's lifted truck that he had to have to be like Colt.

8. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Ugh! My daughter found SHE-RA on netflix a few months ago. That show was awful! Riding a pegasus-unicorn (unipeg? pegacorn?) would be awesome though.

Of the choices presented in the OP, I would choose Airwolf (as long as Ernest Borgnine was my co-pilot and I could change my name to something cool like "Stringfellow Hawk". I would also require a mountain in the middle of nowhere in which to park my helicopter).

9. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

No one remembers Street Hawk?!

And while not at all an icon, I loved the Cutter's Goose from Tales of the Golden Monkey

• Like Like x 1
  10. Speed_Gibson

Could I choose a Viper from Battlestar Galactica 1980? Or I could just settle for full access to the Galactica or Pegasus.

11. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

I completely forgot about that show. I recall really wanting to be a seaplane pilot after seeing it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Speed_Gibson

Wow that is Stephen Collins in the lead role. Who was of course Captain Willard Decker of the USS Enterprise until some pushy Admiral demoted him and took his command from him. I suppose it is better to merge yourself with a sentient probe and go to another dimension than to die barreling down a big space attack worm though.

13. Hyena

Hyena Vertical

Ill go with Starscream, if he is available, or Astrotrain. Nice to have some cargo capacity. Otherwise Airwolf or BT. Dont confine me to road... hold up. 80's Icon, not confined to roads...

Ill take Doc Browns modified future Delorian!
    dang. thats not tv.

Wasnt there some Tron ripoff show that had a lightcycle car? That would be nice.

14. Speed_Gibson

on that theme (of course this a film and in the early 90's though) I would pick the hover converted steam powered time traveling train from the end of Back to the Future 3. Talk about traveling with both style and cargo capacity.

if you used it to travel back to the 1980's would it qualify then?

15. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

How about Thunderhawk from the awful M.A.S.K cartoon?
    [​IMG]

Or Danger Mouse's car:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Speed_Gibson

That television restriction does make this thread a bit more manageable but I am thinking of several 'cooler' choices dropping that limit. KITT is a badass, but that space car that Professor Harold Hill (yes wrong movie I know, but that is what Robert Preston will be always to me and what he is basing the portrayal for this role on) drives in the Last Starfighter would be a badass.
    That vehicle or the hover conversion/mr fusion powered delorian as seen up to the end of the second film would likely be two of my highest choices based on functionality, ability to blend in, and portability.
    that comes down to a choice of having a space capable vehicle or flying time machine.

17. itwasme

itwasme But you'll never prove it.

I'll take Mr. T

18. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Is it cheating to pick Thirty Thirty?

A vehicle AND a bad ass companion who totes a huge rifle called "Sarah Jane"

19. Speed_Gibson

I missed an obvious one for the original choices that I shall choose now above my previous entries - The TARDIS. *hangs head in shame*
    Yes not exclusive to the 80's , but it unquestionably fits the list.
    If that is not available, then the flying Delorian will make a good secondary choice.

20. Ronald Reagan