1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT: TFP Service Provider Under Attack

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by martian, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Cyn has his own issues ATM. I'm not gonna bother him with my petty aesthetic issues.

*grumble grumble*

2. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

thanks martian, you are my hero in the war on cyber terrorism

cyber terrorists, ya know I hate em......

3. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

opt out of it by adding this in as a custom adblock plus filter: thetfp.com#div(sopa_blackout_promote)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Works like a charm! Thanks, aquafox!
    (I already signed up, Cyn)

5. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

sorry, didn't know i was ranting at you personally...

my apologies, seriously...

• Like Like x 1
  6. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

Awesome :)

I'll also add to the fact that I signed up as well. damn sopa!

7. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

No worries. I'm a bit stressed out right now myself, and may have been a bit harsher than was necessary. Cynthetiq's not around just now and none of the other admins have any real technical background, so solving something like this is going to be my job. I'll be happy to help you when I get a chance, but until this attack is over my attention is going to be focussed elsewhere.

8. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Everytime I log on I get some yellow and pink flashing pop up saying stop sopa also. It took a whole load of messing around to be able to see this thread without clicking on it (as I dont tend to trust big flashing pop up messages that tell me to click on something) and there's no way you can tell that someone who runs the site has put it there on purpose until you can get past it to read this thread, and getting past it without clicking on it wasnt easy (for me anyway)

If this is intentional, its probably not the best idea in my opinion.

I probably am not the only person who is going to trust a pop up with glaring colour scheme that wont let you get past it.

9. Thanks for all your effort Martian - heard about it on phone this morning and was expecting to find it all a lot worse. Dont forget to take the odd break with a cuppa. Fixes anything does a cuppa - bugger us moaners for five minutes.

10. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

martian was up all night dealing with the attack situation and in chat keeping us apprised of the latest situational status' He revealed to us the intricacies of the problem.......... among other things. Good job!

• Like Like x 1
  11. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Again, as noted, the SOPA thing is Cynthetiq's, and has nothing to do with the attack. I didn't put it there, and I won't be removing it.

We seem to be out of the woods now, with all nameservers back up and running normally. Thanks everyone for your patience.

12. Thanks, Martian. Hope you're having a peaceful Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RiverWolf

RiverWolf Vertical

You know I thought it was just me, as in I've been syncing and compiling android from source for the last two days, and it's been lagging the shit out of my pc, if you hadn't of mentioned the attack I wouldn't have realised. >.<

14. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

All respect to you, Martian. Thank you :)

15. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Eh, I can do what Martian does. *gets out 5lb sledge hammer*

That's the right tool for the job, amirite, Martian?

Bet you have your days you wish it were. :D

Thanks for all your work, Martian and Cyn.

16. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Thank you Martian for taking care of this. I would not have had any way but to just be like Bugs Bunny and scream "BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have even noticed. Thanks for all the hard work, you guys.

18. Doris

Doris Getting Tilted

I thought cynthetique was a 'she'...

19. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

nope. never been one.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Doris

Doris Getting Tilted

Funny that I never checked your profile, I just assumed. Maybe it's the cat? :)

Well, anyway, I haven't noticed anything odd, but I'm with uncle Phil in understanding problems in internet traffic. It puzzles me.