1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT: TFP Service Provider Under Attack

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by martian, Jan 7, 2012.

1. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

I always imagined cynthetiq's real name to be Cynthia

2. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

That's a pretty common mistake, I think.

The resolution issues were pretty short-lived -- my first few posts in this thread actually give a pretty accurate time line (we went down around 5:30 and had enough of our infrastructure back online for complete end-user resolution by 7:30). Due to the anycast infrastructure used by easyDNS not everyone would've seen problems to begin with -- we spread the load across dozens of servers globally, so while some were overloaded others were able to fulfill requests throughout the entire period.

I'm hesitant to give more details since this is my professional life I'm talking about, but things are well in hand now and we're not expecting further problems. I'm on vacation this week but the rest of the team I work with will be neck deep in post mortems and action plans by now.

3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Enjoy your vacation! No doubt you've worked hard for it. Many thanks, Martian!
    --- merged: Jan 10, 2012 2:03 AM ---
    You are closer than you might imagine, aquafox! ;)

4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Thanks, Martian . You're all kinds of awesome & stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

yeah, like she said (but more butch)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Well done Martian, thanks for all the work.