1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Inspirational Images

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by PonyPotato, Aug 8, 2011.

1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I thought this one was absolutely amazing- a Desert Storm vet is told by his doctors that he'll never walk unassisted again... and eventually not only does he walk... he runs!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

That is a really cool picture!

3. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Just what I needed to see, never give up! Awesome...

4. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

I attended a seminar where the key speaker was Joe Simpson ( author of Touching the Void). He is the most famous example of never give up. It was very moving listening to him describing how he saved his life by just not giving up.

5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

If he can do it with one leg, then I should have no complaint with two.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBC Sport - Alex Zanardi wins second Paralympics handcycling gold
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

While I agree with the thought, Ms. Angelou is most certainly financially comfortable. It's an easy philosophy for a successful artist--not just her--to adopt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. cynthetiq

Even without means of financially comfortable one makes the life as best as they can. Even poor people can have a life.

11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Certainly.

And certainly it's easier to be philosophical when you're comfortable.

I have no idea what Ms. Angelou's thoughts might be if she were unknown and struggling. TBF she deserves full for sticking with her craft. Her statement can be viewed as inspirational, or overly optimistic.

Perhaps I'm simply in a bad mood, letting my cynicism surface. Or it has finally drowned me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cynthetiq

One of my old girlfriends met and married a wealthy man. She dropped her very lucrative IT career and became a SAHM. She then posited to everyone around her that one should just put out the positive energy and get what you want out of the world. She became a life coach became an Amazon author (not same IMO as a published author,) podcast personality etc. all for this what meaning you make your dash (dash between the year you were born and when you die.) I think that fits more with what you are saying.

Otherwise, I have to understand it to mean that only people with means can make a life.

We all make a life, it may not be what we want that life to be, but we make one. Some of the wealthiest people I have met in life are the most unhappy. Some of the poorest have shown me the best and most priceless things I can ever see or experience.

• Like Like x 2
  13. omega

omega Very Tilted

I could see this also as saying that your career is not just your life. That your life is more than your job or your career. I am a wage slave, but I have also tried to be more than just a trooper or now a banker. That I am involved with raising my girls and being their father, and having my own hobbies.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I've been reading a book that deals extensively with life in foraging societies before the advent of agriculture. They had it, as my uncle Damon would say, "pretty good okay."

View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007679QTG/ref=pe_385040_118058080_TE_M1DP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I've been quite poor, and I've been well off. I have to say that "well off" is definitely better.:rolleyes:

But I'll admit that there was more satisfaction in being poor and digging my way out of the hole my ex-husband left me in, than in piling more shekels on top of my stacks.

I've been told that I haven't learned how to live rich. And that's okay with me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1