1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Is Hollywood a bad influence on music?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Taliesin, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

I guess my basic question here is: Do you think the collective egos of Hollywood are a corrupting influence on current music?

My thinking for this question is: Alot of American music seems to be based on the acquisition of money. And fame for fames sake.
    By extension of that observation, because America influences alot of western music,
    A fair share of modern music is about wealth.

But not all music is.
    Aussie Hip Hop for example,

In Australia, separated from Hollywood, rappers & artists do it more for the love than the coin. (my point being, 50 grand is nothing to someone like Eminem or Brittney Spears)

[link]How Much do Rappers Make Per Concert? | Celebrity Net Worth[/link]

Does anyone from the TFP want to argue with me about these observations?
    People, as a group, are a bad influence on each other.
    Everyone wants what everyone else has got.
    If you want true art, you have to look beyond Hollywood (or Bollywood, or any group of similarly minded people) because even if they occasionally produce gold.
    They still stifle creativity.

-Taliesin

[media]
    ]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeaNWGZnVs[/media]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013