1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Is Skyrim worth upgrading my PC?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by MMB737, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Heh, cheers Baraka. You know, she was distressed and in a really bad mood after she saw this:

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-gifs-ouch.gif
    [​IMG]

I made her go for Werewolf. Fuck the Vampires and those pesky Humans.

Yo Zen. One aspect of the project had its shit hit the fan, so I'm working on a different aspect of it now. Things with her have been pretty good after we worked some of the issues out. Thanks for asking.

2. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I really never used the werewolf spell during battle, I usually had everyone killed before I needed it. I might use it more if I was melee.

3. Aceventura

Aceventura Slightly Tilted

This thread should really be in the "Art...and Literature" category:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Python

Python Getting Tilted

So it's been over a month since the game came out and I've racked up over 180 hours of play. On my fourth character and I am about to forcibly stop myself from playing anymore so I can get on with other games (if anyone is interested, a new X3 expansion is released out of the blue this Thursday!!).

I have had some great times, and a bit of frustration. Have to use the 4gb patch so I can play without the mem leaks crashing the game every hour (I have everything on max except shadows which are on high, plus tweaked .ini settings for better gfx, as well as several texture mods). But it works, and with very few crashes.

So, in honor of my characters and their brave deeds, I shall record them here for posterity:

1st - lvl 50 Male Nord Paladin - Vegard
    2nd - lvl 13 Female Breton Mage - Selene
    3rd - lvl 40 Female Imperial Assassin / Ranger - Nova
    4th - lvl 30 Male Khajiit Warrior (2H) - Execute

I have all 50 achievements, and done every major questline apart from the Imperial Legion. I've seen pretty much everything, and still I enjoy the game. I have to say that this is by far the best Elder Scrolls game yet. Anyone who disagrees is an Elder Troll. :p

Edit: Thought I'd post Curse's most downloaded mod list for Skyrim. Lots of goodies there.

http://www.curse.com/mods/skyrim/downloads

5. Remixer

Courtesy of my fiancée (she showed it to me):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

7. Python

Python Getting Tilted

And here I was expecting an arrow to the knee. Well this was better. I'm f**king sick of those.

8. Baraka_Guru

This apparently is best synched in HD:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

That was just awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

:)

Well, in sad-puppy mode, I found this very touching. Lydia and I will be spending a quiet Christmas together kicking ass of whatever resides in the next dungeon.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Remixer

I showed this to my fiancée and she absolutely loved it.

Though, she now wants to break up with me so she can search, find and marry whoever spent all that time making his house glow in tune with the Skyrim theme song.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Python

Python Getting Tilted

X-mas mood incoming! :D

13. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My husband spent most of the Christmas weekend (when we weren't at a dinner or cooking) leveling his Khajiit thief. I just watched him kill the emperor. As soon as he's done turning stuff in, it's my turn. I'm also leveling a thief at the moment. It's fun to steal stuff.

14. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

I put about 100 hours into it. Finally got tired of wandering around doing random quests and decided to beat the main quest. Dragon gods are apparently no match for level 54 cat people with +160% one handed and fully upgraded daedric armor.

15. Python

Python Getting Tilted

Thief was my third char, and my favourite. Very fun picking everyone and their grandmother's pockets.

No, no they are not. I had to slow down when I attacked Alduin because he fell too fast... On Master.

16. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Last couple of weeks, I've been teetering on the edge of that diplomatic assignment, cos Lydia and I have gone co-dependent. I'm not keen on doing it without her. Mind you, she's been having increasing trouble navigating terrain and small obstacles ... she's becoming an experienced dragon slayer, but in peaceful times sometimes gets stuck between two trees, even though there's ample room for her. I'm sharpening up my guidance skills.

17. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

^^^
    I enjoyed everything about that ... the skills, the feeling, the chemistry.
    Thanks, Baraka :)

19. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

While that is well put together and I enjoyed it, and thank you for posting it, it still comes way behind Malukah's version of the theme for me.

I've had a huge geek crush on her ever since I first heard her Skyrim covers.

View: http://youtu.be/4z9TdDCWN7g

• Like Like x 1
  20. Baraka_Guru

That's very nice. Thanks for sharing. Has she done any Lord of the Rings?

Pardon me while I go have a nerdgasm now....

• Like Like x 1