1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

It's All About Anime

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by redravin, Nov 9, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

2. snowy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

I've been complaining a lot lately about there not being more of Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas. I loved that anime so much.

4. snowy

I'm watching the second season of Free!, dubbed Free! Eternal Summer.

This anime can be summed up by this picture of the swim club's manager judging a muscle contest.

[​IMG]

It's pretty much how I feel watching it.

5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Magpie is watching Free. I don't know what she thinks of it so far. Doesn't look like my kind of thing.

I did watch Toradora and Sound! Euphonium recently. I seem to be drifting away from the more action oriented stuff in favour of comedy/romance. Not very manly but then neither am I.

We're currrently watching My Love Story together. It's cute.

I need something new where shit gets fucked up. The romance stuff is cute but not terribly exciting. Maybe it's time to reach way back and watch NGE or something. I keep hearing about that one but it's way before my time, so to speak.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

My feelings on Free. I love free. Anime plus swimming, what's not to like?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. snowy

Right? RIGHT!?

8. snowy

And:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

You're fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. martian

I've attempted to fill the "wreck shit" hole in my anime watching with Durarara. So far it's light on the shit wrecking but there's a badass biker babe who has no head so that's fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowy

I gotta watch this.

An Anime Where Pretty Boys Whisper Sweet Nothings in Your Ear

Senpai looks yummy.

12. snowy

I need to rewatch this, if only because the seiyuu for Haji is the same for Takano in Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, and damn if I don't love that man's voice.

Speaking of seiyuu, we've been watching Hunter x Hunter, and one of the characters in this particular arc, Nobunaga, is voiced by Uchida Naoya, who voiced Uchiha Madara in Naruto: Shippuuden. He's a very talented theater actor and opera singer.

For example, here he sings "A Puzzlement" from The King and I:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccdh_nCTF10

13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I really liked Hunter X Hunter.
    It's one of those shows where the side characters become almost as (more) interesting as the main.

14. snowy

15. martian

Guys, my desktop is kawaii as fuck right now.

Screenshot (4).png

What have I become?

• Like Like x 2
  16. martian

(Those are Spice And Wolf and Sound! Euphonium if anyone is wondering.)

In other news, I've also been watching InuYasha on Netflix. The artwork seems dated but also kind of quaint. The main character is kind of a dick. I'm digging it.

17. snowy

Awesome, but we knew that.

I tried to find my desktop but it led me down a rabbit hole of Free! fan art that was really questionable. Really questionable. Like my desktop.

18. martian

Wrong.

My awesomeness predates this development.
    --- merged: Aug 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM ---
    reddit has a sub for anime wallpapers, helpfully found at Anime Wallpapers. A little bit of digging turned up troves of wallpapers. I grabbed a bunch for each show I've watched and enjoyed, so I've got a folder of like 600 that I just stuck up on rotation.

I've been looking for wallpapers for some of the shows I'm currently watching, but not too hard. Eventually someone will do galleries of Himouto Umaru-chan and My Love Story! and then I'll find those and add them. I can't add Durarara or InuYasha because one of my "rules" is that I have to finish (or at least be caught up on) a show before I'll add it, lest I accidentally encounter spoilers.

Speaking of Durarara, that shit got intense. I won't even try to explain it. It defies explanation. It must be experienced first hand. It has a bad ass headless biker chick. What are you waiting for?

I think ultimately that's the draw of anime for me. These stories are things that I would never expect out of a western show. It doesn't even matter, really; it could be a high school kid with glandular problems and his not-quite-legally-a-dwarf girlfriend being all awkward and adorable, it could be man-eating giants, it could be a traveling merchant and the human incarnation of a giant wolf/harvest goddess discussing econ 101 for 26 episodes. It's all novel in a way that western stuff is not. Even the tropes and cliches are novel, insofar as they're utterly alien to what I as a North American media consumer am accustomed to and grew up with. And that's pretty neat.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. snowy

Here's the picture that I have on my desktop:

[​IMG]

And my lock screen:

[​IMG]

Mostly I end up staring at Rin's visible hipbone...and drooling.
    --- merged: Aug 14, 2015 3:00 PM ---
    Obvs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  20. martian

I have embarked on my first ever rewatch of an anime series. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is one of the first anime series I ever watched (right after Attack on Titan and SAO, I believe). Netflix recently got the movie which I also want to watch, but I feel like I need to go back to the main series first to refresh myself on the plot.

I'd forgotten how nice the art is in this one.

That intro is ridiculous meaningful when you know the big twist.

More thoughts later, maybe.
    --- merged: Oct 22, 2015 at 6:33 PM ---
    Update: That whole first episode is crazy meaningful when you actually know what's going on.

I should have done this ages ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015