1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

John Hurt died

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Chris Noyb, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

One of the best actors I have had the privilege of watching.

Rest in peace, Sir John Hurt.

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Best Dr. Who ever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I remember him well and his performance in The Elephant Man really moved me to want to watch better cinema and be a better human being.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

John Hurt: Remembering the Master of Outsiders

For a man whose first claim to screen immortality came when an extraterrestrial freak of nature ripped a hole in his chest and screeched bloody murder in Alien, John Hurt was a hell of an actor. "The alien won the Oscar," a laughing Hurt told me nearly three decades later, referring to the Academy Award that Ridley Scott's 1979 film took home for H.R. Giger's visual effects. It might be the only time in his 55-year career that anyone, let alone a creature that looked like a penis with teeth, had upstaged him. No one got a bigger kick out of that than Hurt.

He was pretty damn great.

• Like Like x 1