1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Joint pain

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lktknow, Aug 19, 2011.

1. lktknow

lktknow New Member

I had to tell somebody about this, actually I want to shout it from the rooftops.
    For the last 6 months or so, even longer, I have had pain in one of my knees, and my shoulder. Not a debilitating sort of pain, but bad enough in my right shoulder, that I had started trying to do things with my left hand, cleaning and such. And the pain was daily, its not as if it came and went. I figured it was age, and was living with it.
    I saw a thing online about the raisins soaked in gin, for a home remedy to help joint pain. So, being as i am one of those don't go to doctors people, I thought I would try it. You have to wait until the raisins soak up all the gin, and then it says to eat 7 to 10 of them a day.
    This morning I had to go out and on the way out the door, I ate a handful of the raisins.
    about an hour and a half, when I came home and started to walk up the few steps in front of my house, I always try to baby my knee cause it hurts worse going up and down stairs, well there was no pain, I just shook my head, forgetting about eating the raisins, then when I was putting groceries away, I noticed my shoulder was not hurting, and thats when it hit me, that i had ate those raisins soaked in gin.
    I had thought it may work, because I read so many testimonials about it, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would work this well,
    the pain in my knee and shoulder is completely GONE!!
    I'm in a state of shock over the whole thing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. No kidding? I'm going to have to try this. Have some knee issues. And have both raisin and gin at home.

I'll bet if you eat a whole bunch more, you'll even feel better! :D

3. lktknow

lktknow New Member

They have to be the white golden raisins, that is very important!
    --- merged: Aug 19, 2011 10:28 PM ---
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/04/11/gin-soaked-raisins-alleviate-pain/

4. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

OK, so white golden raisins soaked in juniper gin until they are saturated, then 7 -10 per day.

I have joint pain. I will try this.

Thank you, Lktknow:)

5. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

Will try and report back. Thanks for the lead on this. I hope I don't get carried away and eat too many since I love raisins :p

ps: I came back to "like" your post and I'm mentioning it in Tully's thread about living longer.

6. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

"Almost invariably, long-standing folk remedies appear to demonstrate real value when closely scrutinized, and scientists eventually figure out how they work."

Good to see that Fox News hasn't deviated from their strategy of flat-out making shit up. Yes, some folk remedies have turned out to work (willow bark and the derivation of aspirin from it comes to mind) but "almost invariably"? No

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

I tried a variation of this (over, and over, and over again). Instead of raisins, I used Coca Cola, and instead of gin, I used Crown. Worked like a champ!

8. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Thinking this over again, I'm not discouraging anyone from using this if it helps, but I have some advice from personal experience: I have arthritis in both knees and my right shoulder as well as persistent lower back pain. Exercising and building strength has helped greatly with all three. I highly recommend Diesel Crew's Shoulder Rehab and No More Knee Pain training. For back pain, hyperextensions and deadlifts (be careful and make sure you can use the amount of weight you're lifting safely) took me from 13 years of daily back pain to pain-free after one workout.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Devoid

Devoid New Member

I've had 2 knee surgeries (ACL & meniscus in the same knee) and have some occasional pain, so I'm curious to see if this works for anybody else. If we can get a larger sample size than 1, I'll give it a shot.

10. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

I put white golden raisins on my ACME shopping list and will pick up a pint of gin at the liquor store later today. After I try it I will report back.

ps: when I say "ACME" I am not referring to Wile E. Coyote's supplier.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stinging nettles, the sting reacts with the arthritic crystals as I understand it. Also good to throw nettles in a bowl and bruise with hot water and use as a foot soak for aching feet.
    Will await the result of more human testing of TFPers - dont realy like gin.

12. Gonna give it a try. If it doesn't work, at least I'll be having a tasty snack.

13. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

hmmm ive been bitching about my shoulders being sore the last couple weeks. maybe i should get some raisins and give this a try. I've never paid attention to see if they are less sore after having a couple gin n tonics the night before.

14. wolf Evil Grin

Gin soaked raisins... I am going to have to try that one.

15. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

My golden raisins are soaking in juniper berry gin as we speak. After the requisite one week soak, I shall start this remedy test.

16. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

after one too many games of racquetball tonight i could go for some of these raisins. owww

17. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

What are "arthritic crystals"?

18. raeanna74

raeanna74 New Member

Definately going to try it. Another one that we recently discovered was Tonic water. The Quinine (although minimal in tonic water) is enough to help suppress inflammation some and also reduce muscle cramps and spasms. The combination of tonic and gin is always tasty to me. Maybe I'll combine all three. If nothing else the alcohol should do something, right?

19. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

So far I have locally tracked golden raisins. Now to find the juniper berry gin :)

20. MSD - think thats what you are left with after the spongy tissue protecting the bones of the joints are like disintigrated of otherwise fucked. I think the term is crystals - whatever it is called, the two react together.
    Raeanna - I was told by a doctor to drink copious amounts of brandy/rum when suffering from a cold. He said it helps you sweat it out. and in the morning, when your brain feels like a wee marble rolling around in a tin bucket, well, then the headache (think he meant hangover) will take your mind off your original problem.
    Zen, buy gin, throw in juniper berries, leave to soak, infuse or whatever you call it.