1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Carter's Case: Freedom of speech in the land of freedom

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Raghnar, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Raghnar

Raghnar Getting Tilted

I've been literally shocked by this news:
    Justin Carter: Facebook ‘Threat’ Teen Jailed Since February
    and related ones.

From my understanding the guy is simply a idiotic child who exaggerated in a trolling escalation. Context makes really clear that was nothing more than that and evidences of an actual plan going on were definetly not found. No plans, no guns, no evidence whatsoever.
    Basically the guy got jailed at barely 19 for an internet comment, and now is obviously bullied by "not-so-friendly" inmates with devastating repercussion to his mental and physical health.

During independence day I ask you: What happened to the land of freedom?
    Now in the "greatest democracy of the world" you have to be scared of what you say in a social network?