1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food KEURIG

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

I second the french press option. I keep one at my fucking desk- all the other people in my building are tea drinkers, apparently. Shit's real. You don't even need to freshly grind the coffee. All you need is hot water and 4 minutes. I get a pound of ground starbucks, which I keep in my desk, and I steadily enjoy the freshest, most delicious coffee in the whole building.

A Keurig is what you get when you want to tell the world you've given up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Gee thanks all for all the POSITIVE comments, (RED BULL UGH, AFAIC, that stuff tastes like dog shit, now I've done it....flame suit on)

genuinegirly, I buy the packages of DUNKIN as beans at the DUNKIN store. I grind just about enough in a burr grinder for about 2 days, the coffee is then kept in the bag, tightly rolled shut with a rubber band in a cabinet away from heat, (I use double filtered water, under sink filter which then goes through a filter in the refrigerator)
    So why does the take out coffee taset so much better than the make at home . (in CUISINART coffeemaker)

3. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Maybe there's something to be said for lazy employees and years of sediment.

I'll admit, what DD's offers for Keurigs doesn't match what you get from the franchises.

There's the difference in brewing process between the two and the fact that the pods do not contain freshly ground beans. Same coffee, different processes.

Maybe try buying a bag of DD's whole beans and grind them yourself just prior to using them in one of Keurig's reusable baskets.

Doubt if it will be spot on the same but it might come closer to the flavor you're looking for.

Edit: posted this before I saw your response, DAKA, explaining that this is pretty much how you are doing it now.

If you're really not happy with the results, maybe you should try a cafe press. I use both though I tend to use the press when I'm making coffee for more than just myself.

Actually, now that I'm living in the UK and Keurig isn't sold here, my SO and I purchased a Krups pod coffee maker (Nespresso) which I find makes worse coffee than the Keurig.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  4. Does anyone drink Red Bull for the flavor?

Or Jäger for that matter? :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

...my point.

6. Joniemack

I don't necessarily believe that it's the caffeine alone that has the effect of opening my eyes a bit wider in the morning or lifting me out of 3 pm work stupor.

For me the aroma and taste are equally energizing in a way that drinks like Red Bull aren't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DAKA

Joniemack
    Agree 100%, I REALLY ENJOY a good cup of coffee......

8. DAKA

More trials,
    I bought the SOLOFILLCUP adapter tor the KEURIG.
    Then I went to FRESH MARKET to get a small amount of a few different coffee beans
    I've just finished a cup of COSTA RICAN TARRAZA...and the envelope please.....ta da...THIS IS THE BEST SO FAR. Not bitter not DUNKIN buy drinkable
    Here's the thing, you scoop the coffee beans from a barrel...so how fresh is that, and what happens, when it runs low do they just pour more into the barrel, I know how I'd have it done...EMPTY THE BARREL INTO ANOTHER CONTAINER, POUR IN FRESH BEANS THEN ADD THE OLDER BEANS ON TOP, SO YOU DON'T HAVE ALL OLD BEANS ON THE BOTTOM
    IT AINT' EASY TO BE ME.....

9. Cwtch38

Cwtch38 Bat Shit Crazy

Jar of Nescafe. Hot water. Sorted.

10. Joniemack

Thing is, unless you live in Columbia and happen to have Juan Valdez as your personal grower, fresh is relative.

11. DAKA

Cwtch38
    I guess you don't like coffee!! (not that there is anything wrong with that)

12. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Jager is yummy - i do like the flavor (out of the freezer!)

13. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

How dare you, old man?

Red Bull is the perfect Austrian/Thai lovechild to accompany the too-much amount of Vodka in my glass!

Even snowy agrees. All hail Red Bull!

14. Cwtch38

Cwtch38 Bat Shit Crazy

I do like Coffee, but use it to straighten my brain out rather than for the taste. I drink way too much of it. Can't stand fluffy coffee like in starbucks.
    On a Sunday I have been known to brew some on the hob. But I prefer the quickest way to wake up. Nescafe, Hot water, Sorted :D
    --- merged: Sep 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM ---
    I couldn't imagine a world without Red Bull :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  15. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

One day, you might get to wear some big girl panties and not need to water down your vodka with filth. :D

too-much amount of Vodka...such blasphemy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Remixer

People look at me funny when they hear all my drinks are double-shot. Gotta go with the flow, bro.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I didn't know anyone drank Red Bull after college.

Fascinating.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DAKA

The only thing that should be added to Vodka fresh from the freezer into a chilled glass === 3 Big Green Olives === couple Ice cubes (optional)

19. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I've never understood why people put vodka in the freezer...that just dilutes the taste and destroys the true body of the vodka. :shrug: all of this goes in the other thread

/vodkasnobisback

20. Remixer

I'm in college, you know.