1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Late Night Munchies

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by CinnamonGirl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I was thinking about this thread last night as I helped myself to a glass of scotch... I opted not for food snacks but a liquid one.

2. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

I don't have one thing I go for on a regular basis. Its pretty much whatever is in the fridge or on the counter that seems appealing at the time.

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I just remembered: Bowl of Walker's Saln'n'Shake potato chips, and 1/2 pint mug of xtremely chilled tomato juice ... heavy on the worcester sauce. Munch the chips THROUGH mouthfuls of tomato juice.

When feeling OCD, I try to finish of both at the same time, otherwise I am 'committed' to topping up whichever got finished up first.

4. sbscout

sbscout Getting Tilted

Really? You like Cool Ranch Doritos?! Who knew!? :)
    --- merged: Aug 3, 2011 3:46 AM ---
    Bagel chips with sea salt and a Coke Zero... salt and crunch!

5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Single malt I hope? What's your poison of choice?

6. Meier_Link

Meier_Link New Member

Definitely depends on my level of inebriation... If I'm stone cold sober, it's almonds or milk with casein, jerky or some other lean meat. F-ed up and it's whatever weird and magical combination I can come up with, pickled okra and chips ahoy cookies, cool ranch doritos and french onion dip...

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Oh, and cheese.

I have this really delicious pepper jack right now. I am going to go eat some.

8. Shagg

Shagg Vertical

I'll break out the cheese and crackers. I usually have half a dozen different cheeses in the refrigerator as well as coppa and prosciutto, then I'll grab either water or vegetable crackers. Current drink of choice would either be a Riesling or a bit of Basil Haydens.

9. Charlatan

It was a single malt. I actually had two different ones last night. The first was Jura and the second was a Yamazaki. The Japanese make surprisingly good single malts.

10. snowy

A coworker and I were talking recently about how much we love cheese. Another coworker pipes up that she loves cheese too!

We didn't mean to turn it into a competition, but my first coworker and I started running through the list of cheeses we had: cheddar, brie, chevre, parm, asiago, romano. feta--to name a few. The second coworker admitted she only had cheddar and parm. Yeeeah, we might be cheese fiends.

11. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Nachos w/ salsa/pico/hotsauce. I'd love to keep fresh pico in house, but I never remember to make it. Cinn doesn't like half the ingredients in it unless it's pureed and she can't see it.

French fries or fried potatoes in any form.

12. Charlatan

There is a big love for cheese in our house as well. Sadly, cheese is expensive in Singapore and good cheese even more so. The new neighbourhood we just moved to has an amazing cheese shop just down the street. I have a feeling we will be spending too much money at that shop.

13. snowy

We have too many excellent places to buy cheese, and a couple of awesome places that make cheese, like http://www.wvcheeseco.com/

14. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I have to confess, there are two other late night munchies that I sometimes crave:

Corn Nuts
    Cracker Jacks (the peanuts are like crack!)

15. Smackre

Smackre Vertical

Late a night I like to take toast + sliced tomatoes + lots of mayo. Hits the spot every time!

16. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Tonight, my twin mugs of tea were accompanied by chopped up french stick with butter and home-made strawberry jam.

And I've just remembered I have some chocolate with crispies in it.

I'd better make some more tea to go with it.

/Bloated Forum Project

17. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

If I get hungry at night, I get ravenous. Whatever isn't nailed down is a candidate for my midnight nommage. I prefer things that don't require much more than the hand to mouth operation, but if I'm suffering insomnia and hunger I'll cook a table full of breakfast materials, pancakes, eggs, bacon, you name it.

18. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I have seen first hand your excellent taste in cheese and thoroughly approve of this financial venture!

I love peanut butter sandwiches late at night.

19. Charlatan

I love peanut butter *anytime*.

Which reminds me... we need Nancy here to go on about Cheese and Nutella as the ultimate snack food.

20. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

mine seems to be a big bowl of ceral.