1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Lesbian and gay triads and communes?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by ASU2003, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

While I am a straight guy, I am curious why lesbians or gays don't live with multiple people of their gender and orientation? Maybe even have relationships with those people as a group? Is it possible to be jealous if your partners are sleeping with the same person you are? I could easily see financial benefits to this arrangement. And the bedroom activities would be more interesting. The government doesn't recognize it for sure, and qualifying for healthcare and benefits of a working spouse wouldn't happen with more than one partner. And maybe there are a lot of personality clashes that happen in relationships that will just make things worse. But I would think that these would exist. Maybe they do and I'm not in the loop.

2. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

I've heard of such things and poly is becoming more of a thing with the younger gay community, at least it seems from what I've seen and been told, but, people are people.

This sort of thing is the same argument for polygamy, and on paper polygamy is really quite awesome, and for some it works but for most it doesn't seem to appeal.

I might be straight whitebread in life, but being a long timer swinger and libertarian exposes me to a lot more diverse groups and what I've seen is that while "poly" is more of a thing now, its not this close knit thing for most of them, beyond maybe 4 at most, and most of those honestly don't last long. It becomes just a lot of fucking around with new label.

My personal opinion is that its incredibly hard to find people with the right mindset long term for communal living. Self interest will always be a thing and disciplining bad behavior is very hard.

I watched a documentary at one point about what happened with the communes of the 60s and just about all of them closed down due to infighting and money issues.

I mean look how hard it is for some people to be married, just 1-1, now multiply those interconnected problems by each new person. Without some sort of hierarchy and authority, everything falls apart, but thats usually the kinda of social system those in a commune want to escape.

• Agree Agree x 2