1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Let's get it percolatin' - how do you take your coffee?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DamnitAll, Sep 5, 2011.

1. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

3. Tagalongs.
    2. Samoas.
    1. Thin Mints.
    GODSTATUS: Frozen Thin Mints.

• Like Like x 2
  2. FreeVerse

FreeVerse Screw Tilted, I'm all the way upside down.

How do I take my coffee? Turkish, made by a Turkish national and not by some everyday person that hasn't a clue, or in the Starbucks "Mocha Frappuccino" form. I will also accept coffee in the hard candy form, the ice cream form or in the Kahlua form.

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Strong, usually doctored with sugar & whole milk, sometimes with flavored non-dairy creamer.

Folgers Black Silk on weekday mornings, French Roast freshly ground on weekend mornings.

Blue Bell Coffee ice cream totally rocks!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Interestingly enough, I like my burr grinder now, and would recommend it to anyone. It's outlasted the Cuisinart by a long shot, which is important. It's also easy to take apart for maintenance--the Cuisinart was not. We also have a new coffee pot. It's still a Cuisinart, but we opted for a unit that has a regular 12-cup coffeemaker plus a hot water tap, since we also drink a lot of tea. I also don't take cream in my coffee anymore. Instead, I drink darker roasts.

How I take my coffee after this fall and finishing graduate school? In a cup.

5. Still experimenting with my Keurig. So far, I like Newman's Special Blend, Donut Shop and Caribou in the K-Cups. I want to find something for use in my refillable cup, though. The supermarket brands ground for Mr. Coffee style brewing make a disappointing brew in the Keurig. Buying a grinder has been on my mind for a while. What beans to buy, though?

6. snowy

In smaller quantities, here's my supermarket favorite: Major Dickason's Blend® | Peet's Coffee & Tea In fact, I'm drinking some right now. I usually stick with Peet's or Green Mountain from the grocery store.

7. Fraeia

Fraeia Getting Tilted

I may get kicked out for saying this, but McDonalds coffee is actually pretty good now. I take my coffee double double. (Depending on if my gallbladder-less body isn't in the mood to make my life hell for having some caffeine, that is.)

8. snowy

No, you're right. It is pretty good now.

9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I've been using honey as a sweetener quite a bit more these days.

Never artificial sweeteners, they have an off taste to me.
    I'd rather take it straight than that.

10. I haven't been impressed with Green Mountain blends in the k-cup. I find their Nantucket blend to be bland. Breakfast blend and Vermont Country were okay, but not good enough to want as an everyday brew.

11. Fraeia

Fraeia Getting Tilted

Speaking of sweeteners, has anyone tried Stevia in their coffee?

My friend has diabetes so we recently bought a bag of it to use in desserts. So far i've failed completely in trying to use it to make icing (it tastes bitter if overused), but I may try it in my coffee sometime.

12. snowy

It's fine in coffee or tea. Using more than 2 packets is what contributes to the bitterness, I've found.

13. Fraeia

Fraeia Getting Tilted

So you're outta luck if you're a triple triple kinda gal? lol

I'll have to try it. (It's just that sugar is so yummmmy...)

14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I can handle artificial sweetners in hot or cold tea, but I've yet to find one that tastes "right" in hot coffee. That said, I haven't tried all of them. I'm not that familiar with Stevia; I think that one of my sisters is a big fan.

SweetLeaf® Stevia Sweetener

15. FreeVerse

FreeVerse Screw Tilted, I'm all the way upside down.

I've been without my gall bladder for 20+ years now, never had any issue whatsoever with caffeine... Whats this you say about trouble?

16. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Actually, they've really improved their coffee quality. (Competition is stiff.) I actually really enjoy it now. It's possibly the best value for prepared coffee on the market (at least where I am), where you consider quality and cost.

17. snowy

Where you are, I like Second Cup.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

They're my first choice. Some of their regular beans are divine.

19. snowy

I drank a LOT of their coffee while in Toronto, hot and iced. Both were good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

I drink way to many second cup icepresso chillers, even in the winter when it's below -20 C. It's ridiculous. I swear there's something seriously addictive in them.