1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I managed to find the one guy on the planet that has this made-from-unicorn-bones part for this rare thing I own.

Instead of paying an arm and a leg for the thing, he wants to do a 1-for-1 trade on the old part I have!

Saved myself money? Check. Giving the old part to someone who'll use it? Check.

SO GOOD.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I worked from home for the past two days and managed to get my inbox down to as close to zero as I could.

3. I got up this morning. This wouldn't be such a victory, except it's better than I did yesterday.

One step at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I slept last night!

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I have yet to bawl my eyes out today. New record for the past 4 days.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. girldetective

girldetective Getting Tilted

First of all, I went on a date.
    Second, I actually liked the guy.

• Like Like x 4
  7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Fuck yeah, all caught up with grading!

• Like Like x 1
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

My project I went to India got priced and it is $100,000 under budget and in higher quality control and tolerances than ever before. As always it will be an error free deliverable but to ensure it there is 100% quality control double checking.

• Like Like x 3
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Found a federal contract listing that has all the info that our company would be interested in.

Noted it to the COO and CEO that it might be of interest for our Business Development group.
    And that I can convert it into a database where we can filter on anything.
    And that if I can find the real-time source, I can periodically update it with current info.

They were VERY interested...and put me on it immediately.
    And I have the time to flex to it now that I've finished implementing our new CRM app and upgraded the company website.

Nice to find a gem...and get a "buyer" every once in awhile. Nice CTO feather for myself.
    If this works, I'll integrate it into the CRM app.

And nice to get a good note...contradicts all the rest of the BS I deal with...and get associated with.
    There is balance in the Force. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The bigwigs from our company's business association, the Alliance, came in my store with a video crew to shoot promotional spots. Not only did they tell me that my store was the nicest they've been to, they are sharing that opinion with my boss's bosses. We didn't do anything special, just business as usual.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Someone complimented me on my beard.

A girl at CVS laughed at my puns, or maybe she was actually laughing at my beard.

I'll take what I can get.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

The other day, a friend's father died.

The funeral is tomorrow, a two-hour drive from here.

The driving will be an ordeal, but I really should go.

To my astonishment, however, my wife, for no apparent reason, wants to accompany me.

That cuts the ordeal in half.

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I too have just returned from India where we had a massive success. Our local office was originally reluctant to work with us. All the work I've been doing there over the past couple months culminated in a day of meetings that completely flipped that situation on its head.

We now have buy in from all the people that matter. The naysayers have been squashed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I made enough milk today!

• Like Like x 3
  15. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

That kindled some of memories. ...

I showered and then dancedc with my 2 year young son today
    What a nice Friday evening

16. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Only one page hanging until I can put this book to bed and send it to the printer! No more late nights and super early mornings for awhile!

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

After 6 overhauls, and 8 edits, I submitted my dissertation proposal to my entire Committee today.
    10 minutes ago, actually. I'm feeling a little queasy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

One more day...only one more day!
    --- merged: Nov 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM ---

Hang in there!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  19. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

My commute from work went from 45 mins. to 2 hours and 15 minutes.

(Bear with me, I know this sounds like it belongs in the Bitching Thread)

Initially I was very unhappy with the loss of time, until I had to put up with my old lady's complaining about how horrible my commute was (even though it doesn't affect her in the least)- then it dawned on me: If it makes HER unhappy, then by default it has to be one of the most awesome things I have going for me in my life!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Yesterday my wife & I cooked a 'farmer's breakfast' in our cramped galley kitchen without bickering.

This morning we did the handwashing without bickering.

• Like Like x 1