1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 18, 2013.

1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

My front axle on my car snapped on my way home from work. Didn't hit anything; it was probably just building up over time and the clock ran out. (I have to drive over bad roads constantly at work.)

It broke down on a questionable part of town (I was the only white boy for miles around) and I had to wait about an hour for a tow.

I'm going to be out about $700 after all is said and done.

What's the little victory, you ask?

Simple. Although this wasn't a great situation, it could have been catastrophically worse. I could have been doing 60mph on the highway with my daughter in the backseat. I wouldn't have had it end any other way, given the possibilities of what could have been...

Supper, which was leftovers, still tasted awesome tonight.

Today feels like another start.

Oh, and another bonus- I came up with this while waiting for the tow truck:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Everyone made it through today. Especially me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I made the deadline of the end of the month to sign papers and start the business. Training in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I finished my SafeSchools training the first day it was available.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I stopped eating lunch when I got full.

• Like Like x 3
  6. snowy

That feeling when the paperwork arrives confirming the master schedule, including the change you wanted. So awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Got back yesterday's lost perspective. It was a bit of a wrestle.

8. omega

omega Very Tilted

Finally got a new job. Didn't get the loan officer position I was looking for, but I did land a personal banker position with another national bank. Starting September 12th. Base salary, plus commission. The great thing is it will be fewer hours than I was working selling cars and the pay will be a living wage. So happy. Now I have to kill two weeks at the dealership. Will turn in my notice in a day or two. No more working all day every single Saturday.

• Like Like x 7
  9. snowy

Took care of some things that needed to be taken care of before school started.

• Like Like x 1
  10. omega

omega Very Tilted

Of course, I still have two more weeks in auto sales. But now I have something to look forward to. My current job is 15 minutes from my house. My new job halves that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Went to Costco. Didn't plan to go, just went. Had fun.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Have started grocery shopping and cooking meals from scratch for the first time since 1998. It is actually enjoyable.

• Like Like x 3
  13. omega

omega Very Tilted

Been working at the bank for several weeks now. About to start opening accounts. I will still be training for a couple months as far as business accounts and lending. Lunch is scheduled for an hour. Since I live so close, I eat at home right now to save money. I still have 45 minutes actually at my house. I do need to update my wardrobe though. I need to wear a sportcoat or blazer or suit while at work. I haven't had to wear a suit in five years. I have one navy sportcoat, but that doesn't go with black slacks. It is also way too small. So some new items will be purchased shortly. Maybe after I get paid.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Banks aren't as nearly as formal as they used to be, but it sounds as though you will have fairly higher position. IIRC you previously posted in another thread that you're muscular and have a thick torso. That'll make getting the jackets tailored properly a challenge.

15. omega

omega Very Tilted

It costs as much for tailoring as the actual suit. I need a jacket ten inches larger than my waist size. 5,9" tall with a 29 inch inseam and an 18.5 inch neck with a 32/33 sleeve.
    There is a roll that develops below the collar that needs to be removed. A jacket that fits my shoulders needs to have the sleeves lopped off and the waist taken in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

This is in regards to the upgrade; I was looking around and found this:
    Notable Members | The TFP

[​IMG]

So basically, thanks to everyone who's ever hit the like button on my posts. (You know who you are.)

And if you've never hit the like button on any of my posts, I hope your grocery coupons expire without notice.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

That's a real rogue's gallery, innit?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Been there, done that.

I have high & wide shoulders--there is very little little slope from the base of my neck to the edge of my shoulders--and a barrel chest. Buying over-sized suits is easy enough, finding someone capable of tailoring them properly is a PITA. I learned to question and carefully listen to the tailor, and to walk away if I got the impression they didn't know how to make major alterations.

19. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Hey, I take no responsibility for them... :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

updated the front page. yippee!

• Like Like x 1