1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 18, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

That is indeed a victory. I have a small kitchen. I understand.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Our kitchen isn't exactly small, there's enough room & countertop for us to work without tripping over each other; it's when we're both trying to stand in front of the rangetop to cook. I like to have to have the pots and pans turned just the right way on certain burners, and I'm a 'personal space' person, esp when cooking.

We need a thread: If you could design your own kitchen...

• Like Like x 1
  3. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I know there's already one for bathrooms, but I agree that this would be a great addition.

...not that I'm chomping at the bit to start one, but I've got some ideas for my own.

/threadjack

Here's to sharing the wealth of little victories for those that might be lacking their own as of late.

4. snowy

All my beavers are in a row for Saturday. I just need to have my poster proofed before I send it off to the printer today. w00t.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

facebookedit.JPG
    It's "little" because FB is not ya know, the be all and end-all, but I'll take it. I've said here a few (probably too many) times that my mom couldn't really raise us kids. I was 6 y.o. when my only sib, my brother was born, and it was the happiest moment of my life then. I was his big-sister/defacto mom. He Facebooked this and it makes me super proud of him but also a bit proud of me, too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

What's your dissertation topic?

7. snowy

The car is in the driveway once again. Well, sort of. Without shoveling, I couldn't get it into the driveway due to the slight incline. So the car's rear end is hanging out, but no more than a parked car on the side of the street.

8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Social anxiety in adolescents with Cystic Fibrosis.
    I'm working on version 7.0 tomorrow. Ugh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

That sounds like a very involved topic. Is your thesis covering the whole gamut: causes, treatments known outcomes, etc.?

Best of luck with it.

10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

They just announced the connection between wormholes and entanglement. (with two independent teams finding support for the idea)
    That two singularities with entangled particles would create a wormhole.

I came up with this idea back in June of 2011.

Now, since I don't have a PhD, nor am I a professional...nor have I published.
    I cannot be recognized.
    But it's nice to know I'm on the right track.

However they still haven't figured out how to create an entrance point that isn't a black hole.
    One that warps space-time outward from a point, not inward...if this would be true...then travel could be possible.
    But I believe I may have an idea for that.

At least I'm still ahead of them that way.
    I've been thinking of contacting Darpa, but I don't want to be catering to the govt. Maybe the scientists that are working on it instead...

hmph...and they just announced the uncertainty on the Uncertainty Principle just a few weeks ago
    ...now that they are starting to have tools and methods to more precisely quantify quantum particles and their action. The theory is breaking down...
    That I predicted years ago too.

*sigh* I'm in a race with myself, to get my ideas out there in a way that's acceptable. There's just not enough time in a day.
    But at least it proves my sanity. It's not just bullshit.

And I've still got more up my sleeve... :cool:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Not published? You seriously need to find a way to submit your work so that you can show & prove the dates on which you did the work. Seriously.

12. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Tomorrow is pay day.

Yay!

• Like Like x 2
  13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Well, when I get it done...I was thinking of submitting to Arxiv (Cornell hosts it...used to be the XXX server at Los Alamos)
    They allow anyone to submit...it's then about putting into a formalized structure for peers to review.

I'm working with some profs I can trust to re-orient myself to this writing style.
    Unfortunately, it's not my FT job, which keeps me occupied, so finding time and mind to put it down into more formalized terms is challenging.
    Mostly I just ponder in my head, and jot down notes. (it's time-stamped)

BTW...extra little victory and on a side-note, got my holiday bonus.
    May buy a new system. (just spec'd one out the other day)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  14. snowy

Work sample done and handed off. w00t.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Sexist Pig Small Victory of the Day (brought to you by Old Spice):

Woman sassin' me about not wanting to go to bed at her right-proper time?

Toss her ass over my shoulder and carry her up the stairs, drop her into bed.

/because I'm a goddamn man and I'm bigger and stronger than her

• Like Like x 1
  16. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I survived the Christmas concert without having to singalong.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I just woke myself up from a goddamned nightmare about thermonuclear war.

The real victory will come if I can fall back asleep and not have the same dream continue where it left off.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I got upgraded to the next precious metal level on a major airline's rewards program!

Free shit abounds! I'm super excited that I'll be the guy that cuts in front of everybody.

• Like Like x 2
  19. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I made more milk than my girly could drink last night!

20. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Just hit a similar milestone. Much better cooling my heels in the lounge with free booze than the alternative.

• Like Like x 2