1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 18, 2013.

1. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Oatmeal is such a good way to start off. Total comfort food.

2. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Made it through my presentation! Now Dr. (Less of a )Douche will let me register. Yay!

• Like Like x 2
  3. hamsterball

Major congratulations, @GeneticShift! Well done!

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Just scheduled a couple more days of subbing, this time for a teacher other than my mentor. The teacher also specifically asked for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GeneticShift

While the content of this specific photoshop saddens me because MMG deserves some awesome sex, I love that Stimpy is stopping by.

• Like Like x 3
  7. hamsterball

Our IT department was able to fix my laptop quickly, so I feel whole again!

8. snowy

Booked a job for tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hamsterball

Congratulations, @snowy!

10. There's a glimmer of light at the end of the hiring tunnel.

11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm sure that you've seen the Dilbert cartoon where the IT guys give the Pointy Haired Boss an Etch-O-Sketch when he bitches about not having a laptop. Too damned funny.

• Like Like x 2
  12. A female friend of mine called me 'eye candy' last night.

For someone with an admittedly lower sense of self-esteem, this was a victory.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

A victory by any standard.

One of the nurses where my MIL stays complimented my appearance. It was interesting because she was clearly trying to figure out what was different about my appearance--the Van Dyke scores yet again :D !

14. Chris Noyb

Yesterday my wife & I had a good day together:

No snarky comments, or reminders about things that we should do but haven't done. Made love. Handwashed & dried a pile of pots & pans. She gave me a much needed haircut. Put together a nice salad for dinner, early enough so that she got to see all of Wheel of Fortune, and we were able to watch both Antiques Roadshow episodes uninterrupted. I didn't point out the implausibilities during her new TV favorite show, Intelligence.

• Like Like x 1
  15. *FINALLY* got my printer working in Linux.
    For those interested, it really, really helps when you have CUPS running when trying to install the thing. -facedesk-

Also, lifehacked my way into getting more use out of my black ink cartridge. Soaked it in water for a few minutes, shook it around while underwater to dislodge all of the dried ink, dried, put back into printer. Good as new.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Sounds like a little slice of heaven

17. Chris Noyb

To some folks it doesn't sound like much, but for an old married couple that tend to grate on each others nerves at times, it was definately a little victory.

• Like Like x 2
  18. snowy

Half an hour later, I completely organized my side of the home office. Fortunately, I am an organized person, so it was really more a matter of sorting through the pile that had grown due to the end of graduate school and putting things where they needed to go. There was a lot of recycling. It looks much, much better.

19. GeneticShift

Quote from my professor talking about data from a run yesterday:

"It almost looks fake it's so perfect."

• Like Like x 4
  20. hamsterball

High praise from a scientist. :)