1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Despite working shorthanded in sales and delivery, sales are +26% over January 2013, profits are +31%. Fiscal YTD, we're at over +28%. This while others are whining about the weather killing business.

• Like Like x 7
  2. After a number of weeks of saying "I'll do it later, I'll do it later", I finally got off of my ass and updated my resume.

The format is much more usable, I can include lots more relevant information, and to be frank, it just looks more awesome. Much more eye-catching than the previous one, which is the whole point of a resume.

Oddly, after updating my resume, for some reason I feel like I'm sort of a new person, kind of. Can't really explain it, but it feels nice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. purfectpus

purfectpus New Member

I can pick up a beer bottle

with my pussy! :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Yeah, but how do you get the cap off?

:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Yesterday I replaced my faulty ceiling-pull light switch in the bathroom.
    Today I thoroughly cleaned my Clarks Rocky Hi walking boots and NikWaxed them.

The Halls of Asgard will echo to songs of my deeds, groups of men in red cloaks and speedos will bellow "OOOGH", and Vikings will tap them on the shoulder "Excuse me, This Is NOT Sparta!" Then they'll fight and I'll be just another deserted Ozymandias.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

A talent to be admired.

I was thinking that uncorking a bottle of wine would be truly impressive. :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

On this note, I polished my Danskos on Saturday. They look super spiffy and shiny. I don't know why I didn't polish them sooner. I'm going to have to keep doing it. It also makes me want to polish all of my other leather shoes (I own a lot of shoes).

8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

My weaning off (down, really) of caffeine is going well. I'm about halfway from ~400 mg/day to ~100 mg/day. I'll likely stay between 50 mg and 100 mg daily.

9. Chris Noyb

You're giving up tea? :eek:

10. Baraka_Guru

No. Caffeinated coffee. I'm weaning off of it to decaf coffee and green and oolong tea—all limited to the 50 mg to 100 mg a day. This will range between two and four cups of tea, depending on what I steep. More if I do multiple infusions. I may track down a decaf green tea if I can find one of half-decent quality. That way I can drink more of it and regular oolong. :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowy

Wimp.

I recently did the calculations and I consume about 600mg of caffeine a day (2-3 12 oz cups of coffee, 40 oz of green tea). I'd be concerned except for the fact that I have no trouble going to sleep and no signs of any kind of caffeine high.

12. Baraka_Guru

It makes my anxiety and moods worse, and I have reason to believe that it affects my sleep quality. I'm pretty sure I normally have at least a cup of coffee's worth (or more) of caffeine in my system when I go to bed at midnight, given the five- or six-hour half-life it has in our system.

13. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Since I gave up dairy products, I notice I've been drinking much less coffee.

I guess, for me, coffee was at least partly a vehicle for drinking half & half.

Plus, nondairy creamers and black coffee are both unappealing.

14. Chris Noyb

I get my coffee caffiene jolt early in the moring, and maybe a cup or two of hot tea in the midafternoon. I doubt that my night owl nights have anything to do with caffiene, unless good books contain caffiene.

15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Caffeine: (North) America's drug of choice.
    Don't want to poop on anyone's party but I strongly concur with folks that watch their caffeine intake. It absolutely can impact anxiety/ general mood. (Your mileage may vary.) I keep it to a 12 oz cup of regular per day but ideally, half that would be smarter. Anyone with sleeping issues including falling and staying asleep and waking too early (before desired) is not truly looking at the larger picture if they use caffeine daily. I know I should quit entirely but refuse to.

16. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

I have this vague fear that if I were to cut back on my caffeine intake, I'd grind to a halt....then probably implode.

Good work, you're clearly doing the right thing for your long-term health.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I give people that can move away from adding chemicals to their system the utmost praise. I've done so to a degree but until a doctor orders me to do so, I won't give up the 12 oz cup of joe each day. I do less coffee and a bit of iced tea in the summer.

I am older and have to pound a tonne of chemicals for the heart. The side effects are a bitch and I suppose I justify leaning on caffeine a bit because I put up with the many unpleasantries associated with treating heart failure. No one ever said life had to be a party. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. snowy

Aww, my MIL just gave me a compliment. When she's on the phone with my husband, she's loud enough I can hear her side of the conversation, and she said, "Well, I think no matter where you guys end up, snowy will be successful." Heck yeah I will.

• Like Like x 4
  19. One of my friends was complaining about her computer. Here's how the conversation went between us:

H: "It's so slow and nothing works, maybe I just need to get a new one"
    M: -looks at the specs- "It's relatively up to date, you could probably just clean it up and it'll work fine! Computers are expensive."
    H: "No, I think this thing is too far gone, I don't think it can be fixed." -lists off three random issues-
    M: "Here." -takes it, changes two settings, hands it back- "Try it now."
    She tries it, sure enough the issues she was talking about are gone.
    H: "...would you be willing to look at this later?"

:rolleyes:

20. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I did two loads of laundry and didn't scream at the guy who wanted to sell an extended warranty on the car to my wife.