1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Living in Las Vegas-yay or nay?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by psykosis, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Since you are chasing this promotion, what happens to you if you suddenly turn it down? Have you considered that aspect of this?

2. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

How negotiable are the renters on their prices usually?
    --- merged: Sep 8, 2011 10:06 PM ---
    I'll know by next friday if the position is mine. If it is, I'll fly out and look at the facility, and some housing options at the same time. If I like what I see, then I'll accept the offer. If I don't, I'll decline and remain here in the great white north. If I take the offer, I'll contact some of the places I looked at while out there, and see about working a deal. I wouldn't have to move until the end of october, which gives me some more time to look around, especially after I've been out there and gotten a feel for where I'd like to live. Whatever I do, it'll be a rental for sure. My wife will be staying here for most of the coming year, and then moving out, so I'll wait until she moves out there before buying anything.

3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Looking at Metreon, it's way on the south west side of Las Vegas. It's a long drive to the strip about 20 - 25 minutes, no traffic, no speeding. The highway is faster but if you want to be on Flamingo and the Strip it's a long long drive. I say this because I have a property that I stay at off Desert Inn and Fort Apache so I drive that from time to time. I'll be there again for Halloween.

The Alta Montecito, holy fuck that's in the middle of fucking nowhere. It's also a 30 minute drive to the Strip.

The place on W. Sahara is right in the thick of things. It's not far from Luv it Frozen Custard (Craig Ferguson's favorite desert!!!) You'll hate it on the weekends, especially big weekends like Valentine's Day, 3 day weekends, and other occasions like boxing matches.

the Avanti place is also in the middle of fucking nowhere. I mean like when you forget to get milk or beer, you're going to be like, "Holy fuck! Where's the store??!?!?"
    --- merged: Sep 8, 2011 10:14 PM ---
    renters have been able to negotiate a little bit less than what's offered depending on the amenities and the quality of the space. Many give concessions like sign a 12 month lease and you'll get 1 month free.

4. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

the office is east of the strip, but I come from a small town so 1) the drive doesn't bother me and 2) I kinda like the solitude. Metreon is probably not a realistic option. Alta Montecito and Avanti are possible. The place in Allure is right on the strip, but I don't need to be right on the strip. I was only looking at it as hi-rises appeal to me (not like the 8th floor is really all that high though).