1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Local celeb on The Voice...

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Lindy, May 23, 2016.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Has anyone been watching The Voice on television? I don't generally pay much attention to TV celebs, but Lincoln is really just a small town, and one of The Voice finalists, Hannah Huston, is in my circle of acquaintances. Not really what you would call a friend, but we live about a mile apart, and I used to see her regularly in the neighborhood groceries, coffee houses, sports bars, etc. Coincidentally, Hannah shares a house with a woman who also goes by Lindy, even though, like me, it's not her real name. Lindy teaches at our neighborhood elementary school just down the street where I do some volunteer work helping the instrumental music teacher with grade school girls who are learning to play the double bass and Lindy introduced Lindy to Hannah a couple of years ago.

Hannah is every bit the pretty "girl next door" type that you see on TV. She's quite the local phenom, and even a couple of local sports bars turn The Voice on for Hannah's appearances. It looks like she may have some kind of deal going even if she doesn't win The Voice competition. She and Lindy decided not to renew the lease on the house they share.
    Here's a link to one of her performances. I find the 'hand jive' somewhat distracting, but whatever...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16m8u8bBf3E

• Like Like x 2
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

:cool:

The closest I know of something like that in our area is someone who made it to voting for the final 24 on American Idol 5-6 years ago. My brother had gone to school with her. My parents hired her to sing at our 15th anniversary party. She did a nice job. She didn't get nearly as far as it appears Hannah in the OP did.

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Cool x 5!

-------------------------------------

I really like the fact that you volunteer to help the school girls learn double bass.

-------------------------------------

On a guitar forum we used to discuss the "competition" programs. I found it interesting how regional it could be.

On one of the programs two female singers made it quite a way into the competition.

One woman on the forum found the piano playing sensitive female singer (sorry, I can't recall any of their names) too common, she said you could find many just like her at any Open Mic Night in her area. She really liked the girl from Texas with the big & raw voice.

Being from Texas, and having seen many opening bands and main bands in small clubs that featured women with big & raw voices, I found her too common.

Variety is the spice of life.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

what about the one that got shot after a concert. I forget where but I think it was in florida

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

That was also in Orlando, & I think that she was from/near Houston. If I wasn't on my phone I'd look up her name.

6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor