1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Magnet Toys

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Remixer, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Absolutely getting this. In fact, already found a local store and ordered from them.

This shit would also look great on an office desk.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

3. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Yep, they're banned alright.

Back when they first came out, I ordered some from Thinkgeek for my boys (who were old enough to know not to swallow them). Now, they're on to other things and I play with the cool toys. :cool:

4. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

See, this is what confuses foreigners about Americans.

A woman gets a nasty scald, so you lower the temperature of all the coffee urns and put warnings on all the cups.

A few kids eat a toy that's plainly not food, so you ban it.

Some jerk goes into a mall or school or cinema with a rifle and kills a dozen kids, and special interest groups manage to get gun rules relaxed, and argue the solution is more guns.

Well on that basis, the solution to kids eating magnets is to glue a horseshoe to eack kid's forehead. It will bring them luck, too.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Frankly, I think it confuses a lot of Americans too. I'm not really sure who does the banning for things like this, but I imagine a council of concerned grandmothers in DC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

This doesn't go with the other arguments you posted because the current gun control scheme is like gluing a lucky horseshoe to everyday citizens' heads and ignoring the fact that psychos/criminals don't give a fuck about laws.

You're going for the argument that inanimate objects should not be blamed for the stupidity of people and yet... this.

Try again.

/mandatory circle jerk

Pop-Up Video: In America many firearms have "Read owner's manual before use" stamped on the side. Because stupidity / litigation.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013