1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Major League Baseball MLB 2019 World Series

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Finally! They made Sherzer pay for playing with fire. Even if it's only one run......so far.

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Damnit.... Nats on top

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

3. ralphie250

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Will Harris.

Stranded 10 RISP.
    So far.

FUCK.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 30, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 30, 2019 ---
    Congratulations to the Nationals.

Hinch is going be second guessed big time.

The Astros won nearly 75% of their home games.
    They lost all four home WS games.
    They couldn't win ONE fucking home game.
    Extremely disappointing.

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Alright Nats!!
    Congrats :D

No one seemed to win a home game.
    Strange

6. rogue49

At least they represent well

7. redux

redux Very Tilted

This was a hell of a series and a momentous occasion for baseball in DC where the Nats play second fiddle to the woeful Redskins.

Now the priority is keeping top free agents.

Interestingly...

MLB's top free agents on display in the World Series – and they all have the same agent

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Rendon "homecoming."

Hmmm........

-------

I overheard someone saying the Astros "depend too much on the long ball, they ignore the basics like getting base hits."
    Especially at key moments, esp in games one and seven.

The stats, prior to game seven, showed just how evenly matched the teams were. At first that surprised me given the scores, but since both teams won big with only one close game, it actually wasn't surprising.

RANT ON.

Did Hinch cause the Astros to LOSE game seven? He looks like a LOSER.
    There's no guarantee that using different pitchers would've made a difference, but Hinch bringing in Will Harris was very questionable, possibly a LOSER decision.

The Astros batters are LOSERS. Seriously, they kept turning down gifts. They have to own not getting key hits (say, one out, two RISP, and.....nothing).

RANT OFF.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  9. ralphie250

Well Fuck.... Congrats nats.
    Best part is bryce Harper was watching on TV. Lol wonder if he put his nations uniform on and pretended.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

Halloween costume:

Orange Astros (very close to) game jersey. One navy Astros hat. Face & arms painted like a ghost. Noose around neck, or throat slashed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ralphie250

Or the 2 girls that flashed the pitcher. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. rogue49

13. Chris Noyb

My costume idea that didn't work out:

Orange Astros game shirt.
    Batting helmet (with Astros logo a plus).
    Baseball bat.
    Dark sunglasses.
    White cane (white PVC pipe would work).

Neither of our "game" shirts are even close. That's what I get for buying them at Sam's Club instead paying for "real" ones at Academy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. terryna New Member

Loving this thread, I think this is a very interesting discussion[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. redux

redux Very Tilted

A side topic on baseball during the off season.

Bernie is leading a bi-partisan effort in Congress to prevent Major League Baseball (MLB) from eliminating more than 40 minor league teams.

MLB owners recently proposed a radical restructuring of its farm systems they say would be more efficient and better for MLB prospects; the real reason is probably just to save money. Because of its anti-trust exemption, Sanders and others say a minor league team's financial and social impact on the local community should be a factor and not just the cost savings to multimillionaire MLB team owners.

Bernie Sanders’ Fight To Save Minor League Baseball Is One Issue That’s Unifying Congress
    Having a minor league team is really at the heart of many of these smaller cities. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

16. Chris Noyb

What is going to happen with the Astros investigation?

My thought is MLB is going to tread very carefully because The Powers That Be don't want admit to turning a blind eye to cheating in general, signal stealing in particular.

With that said, if the Astros did take signal stealing that far (much further than any other team), then they deserve to be severely punished.

BUT that raises a problematic question for MLB: What were others teams up to?

17. Chris Noyb

The report came out. Manager AJ Hinch & GM Jeff Luhnow were suspended by MLB, and subsequently fired by Astros owner Jeff Crane. A five million dollar fine isn't much for MLB owners & teams, but missing the next two first and second round draft picks will hurt. As it's supposed to, and should.

Former Astro, and current (not for long?) Red Sox manager Alex Cora, and the team, will like likely get hit with severe penalties as well. Cora is named as the person who developed the sign stealing system for the Astros, and the Red Sox.

The '17 Astros and '18 Red Sox World Series Championships will have asterisks. They should be real and permanent.

Some questions remain: How many MLB teams were doing the same thing, or something very similar? Was the electronic sign stealing common, relatively common, or did the Astros take it to a new level? I'm not defending the Astros. If they are the "selected" scapegoats, so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

I’m a Life long Red Sox fan but if any team is guilty of cheating there needs to be severe penalties and firings. I would even go so far as banning guilty parties for life. Cheating has no place in our National pastime.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ralphie250

problem is that the players will never be punished, just the coaches. i think it happens all the time. they just got caught

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1