1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Republicans pass "Pro-Bullying" bill

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Derwood, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Eddie Getting Tilted

Call it what you want. It's still shouldn't be illegal.
    --- merged: Nov 24, 2011 3:30 AM ---
    How dare you.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

It looks like they did the right thing and dropped the religious exemptions from the bullying bill: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/11/...i-bullying-bill-without-religious-exemptions/

Now let's hope it does what it's supposed to do. However, as the above article points out, it may end up being too ineffective.

While it may not be illegal, in this case it should be punishable.

3. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

It's nice to know they managed to do the right thing in the end, but I doubt they will ever do what the article suggests and pass a law which specifically says 'At school, you can't attack and belittle other students because they're homosexual."

It makes me more than a little ashamed of my country.